Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SAP GUI script execution stalled after running for several hours

Hello:

I am using HP Performance Center 9.52, Build 4138, to run a script recorded in SAP GUI protocol (SAP 7.20).

The steps of the SAP GUI interactions are very simple and staright forward.

1. Log in to SAP (ERP)

2. Issue the function module command

3. Get the results

4. Log off from SAP

My script runs pefectly for load test, stress test etc. But when I run the test for longer period of time for Stability test, I found after few hours the Performance Center doesn't even log in to the SAP (The SAP side log doesn't find any evidence of user log in attempt from PC).

This problem appears consistently after several hours of passed transactions. However, this "hour" is not similar, some time we found after 5 hours, somtimes we found after 13 hours. Also the passed transaction numbers differ from test to test before PC stalls to log in to the SAP.

Moreover, while running the test, PC doesn't give any error or failure, but I don't see any progress in transactions after that stalled number.

Note, due to my previous experience, I am not very interested to raise this issue as a ticket with HP support (despite my company is paying $$$$ for so called support), rather, I believe, I could find someone here in this forum who encountered similar issue and give me a quicker resolution.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.