Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SOAP Headers are not being sent when web_service_call is used

Hi. I'm wondering if anybody has the same problem I'm seeing....
When I use the web_service_call function to send a SOAP request, the SOAP header, specifically the <...> UserNameTokens are not being sent. They are defined in the function call but they are not sent when I run the script and the service is sending back a message saying I'm missing WS - Security SOAP Header. I'm using WCF-Custom Binding in Manage Services if that makes a difference.
FYI, if I use the soap_request function, it seems to work fine but I would like to know if there is something I'm doing wrong or I should contact HP support. Thanks.
-J
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: SOAP Headers are not being sent when web_service_call is used

Hi,

Check with SOAP request security at vugen reference guide. In Guide you will find soap security related function. I hope this will work.

Thanks
Champ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply. I've been through the documentation but nothing seems to work. I can't find a reason as to why the contents between is being omitted from the xml in replay whiel other elements are being sent without issues.
Using web_service_set_security() does not change anything either. The security token is not being added to the web service call.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Check if you are validating the correct security for SOAP. There must be some expire time.

Thanks,
Champ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.