Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Scenario Setup Within Controller

Jump to solution
Hi, I was wondering about setting up a scenario within the Controller. Is it possible when setting up a scenario to define the attribute of your case? I have a client looking to simulate 20 Vusers total where the total transaction doesn’t exceed 50 during a 8 hours load test. Is this possible? If I put in the start Vusers say ramping up at 1 vusers ever 30 secs then put my duration at 8 hours ending with my ramp down and then go into the Run-Time Setting and put 50 in the Run Logic (Numbers of Iterations) will this guaranteed that during my 8 hours run that the controller will distribute the load evenly across the 8 hours test?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Scenario Setup Within Controller

Jump to solution
When your total "claim" script is the only transaction you measure, as a total business process you have to divide the total of 50 claims by the 20 users you have during the 8 hour period in adding claims. So every user has to do approx 2,5 iterations in total for a 8 hour load test. Of course 2,5 isn't ok but see what you can do with ramp up.
To my opinion you also need to use "think time" and "pacing" at runtime settings in running a "close to reality" test. Using the run logic for the script in your controller and put in on 50 doesn't affect the max number of iterations.

Greets,
qualityutd

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Run-Time Setting is something like 1 user = 50 times running with different test data but when you say in controller run 20 vuser which it will run 20 vusers and by editing the scenario you can specify the ramp up and ramp down time or you can specify the time for how many hours you want to keep running this scenario.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
I know on that part but I have my business users giving an Analysis on some of their tranaction that is run throughout the day on the system. My example is this: (Initial Claim Setup). Within a given day 20 users can du 50 Initial Claims Setup within a 8 hour period. Is it possible to setup a scenario to reflect this in real life? Starting off with 20 Vusers. Duration would be 8 hours. Ramp up 1 Vuser every 30 mins. Now how can I control the processing that happening once I get to my peek time in 10mins.. Not to exceed those 50 transaction during load testing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
When your total "claim" script is the only transaction you measure, as a total business process you have to divide the total of 50 claims by the 20 users you have during the 8 hour period in adding claims. So every user has to do approx 2,5 iterations in total for a 8 hour load test. Of course 2,5 isn't ok but see what you can do with ramp up.
To my opinion you also need to use "think time" and "pacing" at runtime settings in running a "close to reality" test. Using the run logic for the script in your controller and put in on 50 doesn't affect the max number of iterations.

Greets,
qualityutd

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Crazy Princess,

For 1000 vusers:
Ramp Up: 10 Vusers for every 5secs.
Method: Unique and Once
Iteration: 1

Do I need to give duration also? I.e. what I mean to say do I need to give duration let's say 2 hrs.

If so, letâ s say run finished within 1 hr for 1000 Unique vusers (Note: only 1 iteration), then what happens during the remaining 1 hr left?
Does it repeats the test?

I don't want to repeat of usernames and passwords.

Besides Unique and Once ,Iteration(1) what do I need to do?

Please advise me!

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.