Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Script recorded in TruClient protocol fails to run in Performance Centre

Issue: Script recorded in TruClient protocol fails to run in Performance Centre. The same scripts runs successfully in Vugen.( Interactive and Develop mode)

Error -205177: ** XXXimage ** failed - target object was not found.       Snapshot Info [MSH 1 0]    [MsgId: MERR-205177]

Vugen: 12.5

Performance Centre: 12.5 ( Remote Load Generator + Controller)   - LG and controller not managed by us hence version details not available to share

IE Version: 11

Business Flow :

1. Navigate to Qlickview link
  2. Click on the report link.
  3. Report page gets loaded
  4. Logout

Note: End event for all steps set to Action completed.

Step 3 is where the object is not being found

Step 3.png

Settings used for Step 3 below

Step 3 Details Object.pngStep 3 Details.png

Options tried:

1. Used ‘Wait for object’ before step 3 and wait interval was set to 300 secs , but still scripts fails when run in Performance Centre
  2. Current function used to recognize object is the ‘Generic Object Action’ function at step 3.
  3. In order to debug the script I have run the script in Performance centre with 2 users with sufficient time ( around 8-10 mins) for each user to ramp up . The ramp up happens fine but the step 3 in business flow fails due to target objet not found error.

Please help me resolve the issue. Also find attached the script for reference.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

1. If a step causes navigation, the suggested step end event is "Document Loaded" or "Step network complete". This applies to not only navigate step (such as step 1 in this case), but also any step which causes a navigation. The step 2 in this case probably will cause a navigation, I guess. If so, try to change step end event to "Document Loaded".

2. To understand why "target object was not found" happens, it's better to know if it's caused by a navigation fail or an actually "object not found" in a correct web page. To get this information, can you please provide error snapshot for the failed step, and check if the expected object is visible in the snapshot?

3. For object, it's recommended to use "Automatic (recommended)" identification method, which will try different identification methods.

4. Is Qlickview public accessable? If yes, please attach the script, so I can have a try locally.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.