Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Scripting Hyperion

One of the business requirements is to test the Smartview functioanlity of Hyperion.
The scenario is as follows :
1. Open the form through Smartview ( This opens the form in excel)
2. Edit some data in the excel sheet
3. Submit the data back to the system

My thought : Opening the form in excel, editing the data and submitting it back to the system wil be through excela dnwill be client side which cannot be simulated through LR.

Please suggest.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Scripting Hyperion

There is a Smartview addin for Excel that must be installed. Once you get that ready go ahead and connect manually and insure your smartview tasks actually work. When you record through Vugen it will only record the HTML traffic being sent to and from excel. After you finish you will have what looks like a web script.

In my experience it is best to use Excel 2003 as later versions do not work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Scripting Hyperion

Hi,

I have just started working in Hyperion 11.1.1.3 and have LR 9.5.

Kindly provide the following details:

• What are the setting to be made by application team on the Security front so that scripting can be easy.
  • Protocol to be used.

Thanks for posting this, any more suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks,
RaZendhar
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.