Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Scripting the Thick Client with Java and RMI

I am having hard time recording the Java Application with RMI and installed in my computer. The dev team has given me the abc.bat file and I double click then it launches the application.

I couldn't able to figure how to launch the app through vugen. I tried with Java and Java Record Reply and Java Vuser protocols but no luck in launching the app.

This app needs JRE 1.3.1 and installed in my machine. Do I need to set the path and classpath? I can set path which is pointing to the JRE bin directory. How can I set Classpath if I have and do I need to point to all the jar files within the lib directory?

I would appreicate if any one can post me a solution to this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Scripting the Thick Client with Java and RMI

Madhu, Thank you for your reply. As I explained my application above it is a thick client and dev team has given me the batch file which I need to execute inorder to launch the Java app.

I used the java record reply protocol and choosed the application type as Executable Bath. Provided the bath file and location of working directory. VuGen able to launch the application but it is not recording from there on. I provided the path for the JRE and classpth for the jar files which came along with JRE.

What else I need to do inorder record.

Thx
Sri
0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Scripting the Thick Client with Java and RMI

Thank you Madhu for your reply.

I saw the class loader before the vugen starts capturing the events.

Can you guide me how I can able to capture these events.

Thx
Sri
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.