Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Scripting with the PCoIP Protocol

Does anyone have any experience using the PCoIP protocal?  If so, what were the results? Did the protocol meet your expectations? What are your thoughts on future use?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

Hello,

I am one of the engineers from PC/LR so I cannot really give you a detailed experience recording and using PCoIP as a client but I can tell that we almost never have had cases realted to PCoIP issues.

I'm attaching you the guide of the protocol in case you need it.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/vugen/en/12.56-12.57/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/Protocols/PCoIP/pcoip_protocol.htm

Also, you need to know that it is a new protocol and as no many issues are reported, in case that you need support, you should better open a case so we can provide you the best support.

Regards,

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi,

I try to use with (VuGen 11.55), sounds promising but it's lacking a lot of functions available in other remote protocols like Citrix or RDP (like sync windows functions). Currently only sync_on_bitmaps functions are available, which is very poor.

Besides, I'm not able to run the scripts with BPM 9.50 (case opened in progress), so right now this is useless...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.