Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Scripts work on generator in vugen Fail on generator from controller

I'm trying to run a set of scripts through Performance Center and they are failing on a web_reg_save_param call. All of these scripts work successfully if they are run from vugen on the generator. They only fail (on the same generator) when started by performance center. I'm assuming there's a resonable explanation. Any suggestions?

thanks.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Scripts work on generator in vugen Fail on generator from controller

Without seeing your script it is difficult to know. You might try creating a scenario with your script directly in the controller instead of through PC and set the run time settings to always return messages and data returned from server so that you can see what is going on in the log when it is running on the generator.

I know that I have seen behavior like this before but do not recall the cause.

If you can please provide a copy of your script for review.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I tried to run through the controller without PC and I have the same issue. This is a very simple process, just bring up the homepage and do a search, and I'm trying to collect the IDs returned from the search. I re-scripted on the controller/generator, ran in Vugen and it was fine, ran through the controller and again got the "No match found for requested parameter" error.

I've attached a sample script.

I'm really at a loss here, and have project members breathing down my neck to get this done. Any thoughts?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As you said the prob is arising when you are executing the script from PC.

Revalidate the script by execution in another LG with same network domain as your current LG there.

Reinstall LG in your problamatic machine. I have seen in past my script is failing in a perticular LG where the same is running fine in another LG's with in the same domain.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

This problem is occurring on all of my load generators. Each LG will run the script from vugen, but none will run from PC or from the Controller directly on the LG.

FYI, these generators work fine with the 15+ other applications that we are running. So something about this app and sending the job from a controller to the LG is causing a failure.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No fingerprinting to verify the responses are correct.

Try Web_Reg_Find and perhaps include some lr_vuser_status_message so you know whats going on
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Laura,

If you playback the script from the controller with full logging turned on what is returned from your "web_custom_request("SearchService_5"" call when it is run on one of the LG's?

Are you seeing the response from the server that you expect or is the call failing for some reason when it is run through PC or the controller?

Would it be possible for you to post the replay log from my suggested test for us to take a look?

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

One other question is this a HTML or URL based recording?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

This all seems to be java related. Moving the jar references from one request to another, as well as making sure think time is replaying, has solved the issue when running from the controller.

FYI, it was HTML based with explicit URLs

Thank you for all of the suggestions!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.