Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Send request from special IP address

Is it possible to create script which will send reqest from special IP addres?

Program which I need to testing binds account name with IP addres. So I need to send login information from specific IP address.

For example:

User Name  |  User Password  |  IP address

username1   |  userpass1          |  10.10.11.12

username2   |  userpass2         |  10.10.11.11

Unfortunately IP Wizard doesnt help cause it use random IP addresses.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Send request from special IP address

Hi,

Not sure it is doable, this is the whole purpose of the IP spoofing feature.

You can try one of the following options:
1. Use IP spoofing and in your scripts use lr_get_vuser_ip() in order to assign the right values for other parameters based on the value of the IP address

2. Do not use IP spoofing and try to add your own headers to the request hoping that it will override the default headers. I doubt if this option will work. See list of HTTP headers to determine which one needs to be overridden and use web_add_header with the right name and value.

Regards,
Shlomi 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.