Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sending Windows Keys in Vugen

Hi All,
I am having an issue with downloading a file from website through Vugen. As Loadrunner does not record the client side activities ie)clicking the save button in the SaveAs dialog, I would like to find an alternate solution for that by clicking the co-ordinates of the save button through "Windows Sendkeys" method.
Anyone has any idea about using windows key in Vugen.
Replies are highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sethuraman.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Sending Windows Keys in Vugen

Hi Sethuraman,

there is a web_url or similar function that will download the requested file. So the downloaded file is present in the body of this request.

All you have to do is save the file in a pure C (or other supported language) way.
By setting the Vuser ID and the Iteration number in the filename, each Vuser could save this file inside the desired diectory.

This is the only way to emulate the saveAs dialog.

--
david
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks David...But I have no clue in C how to do it...could you pls get me some sample psudo code to get it done..
I will appretiate if I could some help from you......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Sethuraman,

I attach a script that could help you.
there is two parameter created for this script, vuserid & iteration
==> this will permit unicity of saved file for a user and an iteration.

--
david
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks David..that was an awesome code...that will work for web requests right?....assume if I am getting an applet window in my browser, the vugen is not recognizing the applet events, do you have any idea about click the co-ordinates in the screen and typing some values through Windows send keys objects (more or like click and script/qtp approach?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Sethuraman,

In an applet, PC will not see any events. It will only see the call request. So if you click on an applet, if there is call to the server you'll see it, otherwise you did not see it and there is nothing to do.

But I'm not sure if it's the right answer, I did not catch what you try to do ?

--
david
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.