Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Server Busy error

Hi,

I am using LR version 9.5, Windows OS,IE 7.0 versions and am using Web(HTTP) protocol.

Once recording is finished, script is not getting generated and it is giving the following error.

"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem" and also 3 buttons are getting displayed on the popup. 1.Switch To 2.Retry 3.Cancel

But I am sure there are no other applications opend in my LR machine.Kindly provide solution and explanation for cause of issue.

Thanks,
Swapna
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Swapna, this is a very common issue encountered often when you are using a PC as LR controller with not enough RAM. You need to increase the RAM of the Controller PC where you are recording the script.

A quick temporary solution:-

Restart the PC and change -
My Computer- Advanced - Performance - Settings - Select Adjust for best performance option.

How ever, in the long run you will need to improve the RAM sizing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Arnab Das,

Thanks for the reply.. But we are using trial version of LR only... We have only VUGen in our PC.

Do you think still RAM impact will be there when generating scripts in VUGen...?

Thanks,
Swapna
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, that may be the case
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi,

As arnab mentioned RAM is one of the reason and another reason is there is not enough space in ur temp file. Clear the temp file and still if the same error is occurring then u need to increase the ram size,
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.