Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Server "XXX" has shut down the connection prematurely

When im running load test through controller, i got this error message. Can anyone had come across this kind of error? if YES, please send me the reason.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Put the below in your script.let me know if it helps

web_set_sockets_option("IGNORE_PREMATURE_SHUTDOWN", "1");
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you soo much.... Yes it is working fine now....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Just curious about the option.

Is this error can be ignored ?
would it not be resulting the application performance issues ?

Thanks,
Jenny
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm getting this too...would it affect the performance if we ignore it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

It's not a solution but simply a workaround, you will not see error, but issue will still be there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Sounds like you'll want to find out WHY rather than simply ignore the error message to get through your test because with the error, your test is essentially invalid.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have resolved this issue by following suggestions mentioned on below post

http://automation-performance.blogspot.in/2011/05/server-xxxx-has-shut-down-connection.html

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I faced this issue once when my load generator machine had reached CPU utilization >80%.

I did some browsing and found that this error can be due to server behavior on larger volume of load.

Design the scenario to perform slow ramp-up load.

Some suggestions: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM895362

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Can you try the same test with Half the load used , twice the think times and 5 times of Rampup time used. Do you still see the issue ? If you wont then try to comapre the Resource usage and response times. 

If resource usage is low and response times wont change and you still see issues on this tests this may be due to slow network.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

what is your app ssl version?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.