Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Session id correlation issues.

Jump to solution

Below ids recorded by load runner and i have correlated it like - mentioned in red after the value

"Name=session_data", "Value=oY!KePBE/mn0PPDw+V1VD5W7NxdOi1uVcuM,YKmb[z5[rUXa0FcYP?SR2EholCESC4PSH5dYY!YrMbmfmpeNvxoESemdYDQhi?jP!EBoe[G/+oZGnnUB4cF/p43Ore[Z?vaunf4l0prXG+1!i3MQ7byN!KcobNhOpx0,!6HOfvzCMp5TzBlFSYfZ2mORuPxJ6TqPilfn!LxxDmOcDaBqYQyaG6R?QEgQ,,!Ju1777iE30kPhoYnFlxh0BadjQz[Fl7RbsikVnIxQnPkSyGJUKaEJw,s!uyNshq4+WKWLyaN+q6RYSpfzDvdkUZeYBEEm7[oQfOHUTYldqJK426JHBuq1?!Eg1rk+,v+XP[LsSywKk1HkMvVyy,2NuN!xiRraKq5lbmM36hjSPCsT1TOldcE7buimarDsy1R+Ls7N20UND1yg[Vl,+D+,n1WF6ejSofU/JSrELmMEnkXHe[B"
        "[b2oyE01xbcalb?6Fynmh0v/ErWvRxrzdn1QHs[SOnf+P264NFl,/6c/MraC0V[xuUVx0js7X0mcw3xH4c4KyoohFNN3ra7luphDfUCYw0pbpkQoXKUDNlN00cWNxG?ErvrTfagD0,nO5GIXOzs,!P0?7[cB2smRsDqa6e4NRKOPLRR35CBdOGe+SXi0Vqyx7pWn,MS,pRhnc[q[nXmIh[B/sXq!njMT0rrJFP[k4IzHYHR7N3emL4,MnIedoFc?[qWMoizDnghewBBln2lxC6cFvaMQRWUZHZfhH,4KsqPbJWHeH,j726C1z6bWU1nyO/[wkhWQDTnnsOQOV2!aEkr/CXBhCGpRMBqUuh!k!7oQC+UMm7LooKOlm!70r65[eLfyJ[n4I,3mLBm!qsyCzbyXqaKKNKoNMMmknVW6zId5jKXTrp6BK4m6?,uihWsmMMmS0FvCCZHQ2NckUP3/SXD+UnkHBGi1Yw?1JBp7RBHU[gM+"
        "03vq1BDPjX6TLSoH!xz1,XN1v?RrGlm5W3C,Lqyh[yJmqfE[iPgknd?6Six?jSKaDGDUkeW+j!qmmHLdRKRLe2Jwj+3PbISUKmf+RZT3smfh0Y4lX4fS0!Lducb5r65uzoPfP+kiNs1QaFyf1WBcigfGMx!hhkXNnkTRTUdUFoEhJOJofr+7mZhhuqGP3BVvFgUazrxbqHBQ!vYvjWRlEvBixMzKmTh!U!gdQ!C0K22!ZVfq7/1P[G[bB3nQsSSm[M/[cozG3mcTdO7WNOBMNhjikYNi!RDjIygvcbW5,[Jsf41mkyR/3JSF[y/jf", ENDITEM,
        "Name=orig_session_data", "Value=oY!KePBE/mn0PPDw+V1VD5W7NxdOi1uVcuM,YKmb[z5[rUXa0FcYP?SR2EholCESC4PSH5dYY!YrMbmfmpeNvxoESemdYDQhi?jP!EBoe[G/+oZGnnUB4cF/p43Ore[Z?vaunf4l0prXG+1!i3MQ7byN!KcobNhOpx0,!6HOfvzCMp5TzBlFSYfZ2mORuPxJ6TqPilfn!LxxDmOcDaBqYQyaG6R?QEgQ,,!Ju1777iE30kPhoYnFlxh0BadjQz[Fl7RbsikVnIxQnPkSyGJUKaEJw,s!uyNshq4+WKWLyaN+q6RYSpfzDvdkUZeYBEEm7[oQfOHUTYldqJK426JHBuq1?!Eg1rk+,v+XP[LsSywKk1HkMvVyy,2NuN!xiRraKq5lbmM36hjSPCsT1TOldcE7buimarDsy1R+Ls7N20UND1yg[Vl,+D+,n1WF6ejSofU/JSrELmMEnkXHe[B"
        "[b2oyE01xbcalb?6Fynmh0v/ErWvRxrzdn1QHs[SOnf+P264NFl,/6c/MraC0V[xuUVx0js7X0mcw3xH4c4KyoohFNN3ra7luphDfUCYw0pbpkQoXKUDNlN00cWNxG?ErvrTfagD0,nO5GIXOzs,!P0?7[cB2smRsDqa6e4NRKOPLRR35CBdOGe+SXi0Vqyx7pWn,MS,pRhnc[q[nXmIh[B/sXq!njMT0rrJFP[k4IzHYHR7N3emL4,MnIedoFc?[qWMoizDnghewBBln2lxC6cFvaMQRWUZHZfhH,4KsqPbJWHeH,j726C1z6bWU1nyO/[wkhWQDTnnsOQOV2!aEkr/CXBhCGpRMBqUuh!k!7oQC+UMm7LooKOlm!70r65[eLfyJ[n4I,3mLBm!qsyCzbyXqaKKNKoNMMmknVW6zId5jKXTrp6BK4m6?,uihWsmMMmS0FvCCZHQ2NckUP3/SXD+UnkHBGi1Yw?1JBp7RBHU[gM+"
        "03vq1BDPjX6TLSoH!xz1,XN1v?RrGlm5W3C,Lqyh[yJmqfE[iPgknd?6Six?jSKaDGDUkeW+j!qmmHLdRKRLe2Jwj+3PbISUKmf+RZT3smfh0Y4lX4fS0!Lducb5r65uzoPfP+kiNs1QaFyf1WBcigfGMx!hhkXNnkTRTUdUFoEhJOJofr+7mZhhuqGP3BVvFgUazrxbqHBQ!vYvjWRlEvBixMzKmTh!U!gdQ!C0K22!ZVfq7/1P[G[bB3nQsSSm[M/[cozG3mcTdO7WNOBMNhjikYNi!RDjIygvcbW5,[Jsf41mkyR/3JSF[y/jf", ENDITEM,

For the first session_id correlation done like

web_reg_save_param_ex(
        "ParamName=CorrelationParameter_1",
        "LB/IC=oY!",
        "RB/IC=\"",
        SEARCH_FILTERS,
        "Scope=Body",
        "RequestUrl=*/PlanBalances.aspx*",
        LAST);

Also i have tried a combination

web_reg_save_param("Siebel_Analytic_ViewState1",
        "LB/IC=session_data\" value=\"",
        "RB/IC=\"",
        "Ord=1",
        "Search=Body",
        LAST);

Both of this failing on execution saying correcation match not found.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Session id correlation issues.

Jump to solution

So, this is better but you still have a lot of work ahead of you.

I can see various things that will need correlation here, you can start by sorting out the session_id (and the ViewState - they are two different things!) but then you will need to move onto dealing with logging in with multiple users which will need more correlatin work.

I say again, read the help. You need to know this function by heart. You need to understand how it works and how to use it. This function is the heart and soul of loadrunner, and your application cannot be scripted in LR without substantial work using it - you have to know it.

I can't really take you through all this step by step - forums are a bad place to try and learn this stuff - but I can give you a tip:

Do this:

1. Record a simple journey. Keep it very smple, like login, click a page.

2. Do it again.

3. Compare the two sets of results.

What changes? When you look at the server responses for both recorded scripts, what is different? Study this, pore over it, learn it well, even if you get really bored, carry on, make sure you can understand what is getting passed back and forth, when it changes, in response to what request and when, then, and only then, you can plan correlation.

It's not as much work as it sounds and the effort you put in here will serve you well for the rest of this project and others after it.

Also, try simply searching here and elsewhere for "web_reg_save_param" - just look at the volume of results, nuts huh? Look how many people struggle with it, but also read about how they solved their issues. I can guarentee you your situation is very common - session_ids and ViewStates are ridiculously ubiquitous and always come up as problems. Doubtless there is loads of stuf out there that will guide you. But none of that will replace the benefit of teachng yourself, trying to fix a complex problem without first understanding the basics will ultimately lead to failure - you wouldn't expect someone to tune your carburetta if they didn't understand how a combustion engine works would you?

PS. You can write it in red but the undeniable, absolute, unequivicable truth is that it is a bad idea to try and use part of the value you want to correlate as a boundry for the WRSP function. Period. Just trust me on that. That's actually tip number 2. Their good ones, take them.

Oliver

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

HI

if iam not sure you done automated correlation in your scrpit.

web_reg_save_param_ex( "ParamName=CorrelationParameter_1", "LB/IC=oY!", "RB/IC=\"", SEARCH_FILTERS, "Scope=Body", "RequestUrl=*/PlanBalances.aspx*", LAST);  

The thing is u need to correlated value and function you written is wrong.

web_reg_save_param("Parma","LB=","RB=", "ord=",LAST); and you need find out the which ordinal its should pass in the scrpit .

> Never use IC the igroner the direction of the scrpit.

> Always "Param"  name is constant and should not pass the value in parameter and it unique.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The data you have posted is not the response from your server, it is part of the original script that you recorded. You cannot use this to determin what to set in the web_reg_save_param() call.

You need to look at the server response - the page source. Use this to find the left and right boundries for the WRSP function. Find a sting that is always unique in the scope searched and this will give you a solid, reliable call. In your case, the session_id is always terminated with a " so you just need a unique LB.

It's really quite simple once you get the basics, try reading through the help a few times until you understand the concept and this will make debugging the function much easier.

P.S. Massive error in your logic: you can't use part of the value you are trying to correlate as part of the LB ("LB/IC=Oy!"). This is just never going to work, for multiple reasons.

P.S.S. The second example you gave is from automated correlation, this probably does work but the chances are the page response is failing for another reason which is why the WRSP call returns false. You have multiple issues.

Oliver
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

1.The data you have posted is not the response from your server, it is part of the original script that you recorded. You cannot use this to determin what to set in the web_reg_save_param() call. - Yes the data i have shown is not from server responce and was from the Loadrunner VUGen script , but i have shown it just to communicate this is the value i am trying to correlate.

2. You need to look at the server response - the page source. Use this to find the left and right boundries for the WRSP function. Find a sting that is always unique in the scope searched and this will give you a solid, reliable call. In your case, the session_id is always terminated with a " so you just need a unique LB. - Yes your correct iam using server response to find data to be correlated. please find the attachments which is showing a) The VIEW PAGE SOURCE from Internet Explorer browser b) The REQUEST data from LOADRUNNER11 c) The RESPONSE data from LOADRUNNER11 while RECORDED d) The actual VUGEN script after basic level of correlation done for VIEWSTATE alone. 

NOTE: As per the DEVELOPMENT team the SESSIONID that was recorded in the script is created by the IFRAME.

3.P.S. Massive error in your logic: you can't use part of the value you are trying to correlate as part of the LB ("LB/IC=Oy!"). This is just never going to work, for multiple reasons. - ("LB/IC=Oy!") this is just one of the option i tried as left boundary. The reason why i have used this as left boundary is only a portion of my session id is changing (middle portion - some values change - Starting and ending is always same) .

I mean my session id always starts with "Oy!". Because this is constant i used this as my LB.

4. P.S.S. The second example you gave is from automated correlation, this probably does work but the chances are the page response is failing for another reason which is why the WRSP call returns false. You have multiple issues. - This is my problem iam trying all possible ways to correlate this session id in responce but it always saying match not found. I have attached 4 documents with this 1.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I am using server response to find data to be correlated. please find the attachments which is showing a) The VIEW PAGE SOURCE from Internet Explorer browser b) The REQUEST data from LOADRUNNER11 c) The RESPONSE data from LOADRUNNER11 while RECORDED d) The actual VUGEN script after basic level of correlation done for VIEWSTATE alone. 

NOTE: As per the DEVELOPMENT team the SESSIONID that was recorded in the script is created by the IFRAME.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

So, this is better but you still have a lot of work ahead of you.

I can see various things that will need correlation here, you can start by sorting out the session_id (and the ViewState - they are two different things!) but then you will need to move onto dealing with logging in with multiple users which will need more correlatin work.

I say again, read the help. You need to know this function by heart. You need to understand how it works and how to use it. This function is the heart and soul of loadrunner, and your application cannot be scripted in LR without substantial work using it - you have to know it.

I can't really take you through all this step by step - forums are a bad place to try and learn this stuff - but I can give you a tip:

Do this:

1. Record a simple journey. Keep it very smple, like login, click a page.

2. Do it again.

3. Compare the two sets of results.

What changes? When you look at the server responses for both recorded scripts, what is different? Study this, pore over it, learn it well, even if you get really bored, carry on, make sure you can understand what is getting passed back and forth, when it changes, in response to what request and when, then, and only then, you can plan correlation.

It's not as much work as it sounds and the effort you put in here will serve you well for the rest of this project and others after it.

Also, try simply searching here and elsewhere for "web_reg_save_param" - just look at the volume of results, nuts huh? Look how many people struggle with it, but also read about how they solved their issues. I can guarentee you your situation is very common - session_ids and ViewStates are ridiculously ubiquitous and always come up as problems. Doubtless there is loads of stuf out there that will guide you. But none of that will replace the benefit of teachng yourself, trying to fix a complex problem without first understanding the basics will ultimately lead to failure - you wouldn't expect someone to tune your carburetta if they didn't understand how a combustion engine works would you?

PS. You can write it in red but the undeniable, absolute, unequivicable truth is that it is a bad idea to try and use part of the value you want to correlate as a boundry for the WRSP function. Period. Just trust me on that. That's actually tip number 2. Their good ones, take them.

Oliver

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

what is your web_set_max_html_param_len ? i suggest changin it to 999999.

In addition to that try this

web_reg_save_param("paramname",
"LB=session_data\",\ "Value=",
"RB=\"",
"ORD=1",
LAST)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Don't set web_set_max_html_param_len() to '999999', that's asking for trouble. This function exists for a reason...

Set this value to a sensible limit based on your requirements
Oliver
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Oliver .....i manage to correlate this unusual session id .....thank you for your advice .......Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The below  one only worked , when i removed part of the value i mean "\"oY!KePBE/mn0PPDw+V1VD5W7NxdOi1uVcuM" correlation didnt catch anything . So as you said reading and trying again and again...........

web_reg_save_param("CorrelationParameter",
       "LB=session_data\" value=\"oY!KePBE/mn0PPDw+V1VD5W7NxdOi1uVcuM",
        "RB/IC=\"",
        "Ord=1",
        "Search=Body",
        LAST);

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.