Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sessions getting closed during second iteration

Hi,

I am trying to script a scenario in SAP NW Portal. The scripted scenario looks like:

1) VUser.init() section: A user logs in to the portal.

2) VUser.run() section: The User performs few steps in the portal (UWL).

3) VUser.end() section: The user logs out.

The intention is to achieve the following scenario during its run time:

A user logs in, then perform actions defined in VUser.action() section in iterations and at last of the load test, the user logs out.

Issue: The first iteration is always happening successfully but the second iteration always fails.

Please help me in resolving the issue.

Thanks & regards,
Ankit

PS:
If I put all the transaction in VUser.action(), all the iterations pass.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Sessions getting closed during second iteration

In whihc part it fails in the second iteration???

Could you please put the error log over here....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Another thing is that by the time it reaches to the logout section it's session gets timedout...may be it's like that if u donot do proper logout then for some time ur id will be deactive.....i have seen this procedure in some banking application.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Prasenjit,

The second iteration fails when a user tries to open any task / item from UWL.

I will provide the logs later. But LR logs (when extended log is enabled) says that a sap-web-secure-id parameter is not found the response.

Regards,
Ankit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

WHen u run the same whole script including login/logout in action section do u find the same kind of error in the extended log??? if not then it might be the reason that proper logout is not happening when u run the script keeping the login/logout in different section and the creditial that are being used in AUT that become deactive for some particular time.

Hope this clarifies ur query.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Prasenjit,

The error does not occur when the complete script is put in one section, VUser.run().

The error occurs only when login/run/logout is present in different sections. And also, when the script runs for more than 1 iteration. When I say multiple iterations, only the run part is executed in multiple iterations. This means that issue with logoff is not in question.

Regards,
Ankit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Do u hv access to the application log???

I am able to understand that there is no problem with the logout section....what i m thinking that as the script is passing fine without any error on putting it on a single action and failing for the 2nd iteration when kept in different action, then there might be some session issue.

Checkout the application log, that will tell u the clear issue.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.