Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Should LG go to Non-Operational automatically when turned off?

I have turned off a batch of LG (Windows Hosts) VMs, and was expecting PC 12.20 Lab Mgmt to show those hosts as non-operational, but they don't. The Check Host Status shows LG connection failed, but there appears to be no link to Status field, so presumably a test scenario run could potentially try and use these LGs as it doesn't know they are offline!?

Is this supposed to happen?

If not, how do you batch update the status of each host within Lab Mgmt, as I will have 50+ LGs to turn off/on periodically and I don't want to have to go through each one in turn.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Should LG go to Non-Operational automatically when turned off?

Hi L Pennington

I hope you are doing well.

About this concern, I will like to say that this might be expected since PC will perform a Maintenance Task periodically to check the host status, but this is by defect every 24 hours. Once the LG are turned off, they will not automatically change to Non-operational, except that the maintenance task takes place or you change the status manually. You may want to check more about Maintenance Tasks on Lab Management Guide below:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01275859

Regards

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I think the maintenance task is not working properly as I have set it to run every 30 minutes but it does not change the status. I will raise a support ticket about this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi L Pennington 

That actually sounds like a good idea if this is like you said, from technical team they can provide you further assitance, check the issue live and involve collaboration team if needed.

Kind regards

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Maintenance task will not update the LG status to non-operational.

The LGs will be set to non-operational once they will be used in a load test, which in that case PC will update the LGs that cannot be used to non-operational and will try to assign other LGs if available.

Maintenance task will set the status to operational once the LGs will be up and running again.

If you know in advance that you are shutting down this LGs, you can manually set their status ot non-operational.

Regards,

Eyal

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.