Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Should SAPGUI front end be installed in the Load generator servers?

we would be load testing SAP BW reports using the SAPGUI and we developed scripts using SAPGUI protocol. My question is when running the load test should the SAPGUI front end be installed in each of the load generators that are used for the test? Currently I have the SAPGui client installed only on my PC where I developed the scripts. If anyone has any idea regarding this please let me know.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Should SAPGUI front end be installed in the Load generator servers?

You must need to install the SAPGUI Client on all LG machines. LoadRunner replay depends on that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In addition, I also suggest you to refer attchment in below KB for more details.

It talks about setting up the environment (Enabling scripting...patch levels...supported environment etc)

Title: How-to and troubleshooting guide for SAPGUI Vusers
Document ID: KM179256

You can download this from HP support portal....sorry, size is just >1MB..I am not able to upload here.

I hope that was useful !
~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Patil,
Can you please give me the link where I can download the document. I have been searching for it but unable to find it on the net.
Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does anyone have a link for the KM179256 document?   Can not seem to locate it.   Thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.