Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Staying on the Test Run Page after the test finish

Jump to solution

Hi,

I executed a test for 3 iterations using HP Performance Center and some error happens during 2nd iteration.

I wish to stay on the Performance Test Run page to review the Messages and Transactions to determine where exactly it was failing. However, it does not seem possible as immediately when the test finishes (with error), it pops up a dialog box to ask if you wish to restart or close.

Hitting close will close the Test Run Page tab and thereafter there is no way to get back to the Test Run Page.I know it is possible to look at the result logs but it is more user friendly and efficient to drill down the errors from within the Test Run Page

Does anyone know if there is a way to continue to stay on the Test Run Page even after the test finish?

Thanks!
Jason

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Staying on the Test Run Page after the test finish

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

Please try the following and update if it is what you were looking for:

1. Open the edit load test page for the test you are running
2. Click on the options tab
3. Disable the check box for "Stop test when Scheduler and Vusers are inactive"
4. Save the test and run

Regards,
Eyal

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately it is not possible since Performance Center closes LoadRunner Controller, from which which it gets the data, right after the test ends. It is done in order to allow immediate usage of the Controller machine right after the test ends and also to avoid race conditions in between runs.

We will consider exposing some of the functionality which the run screen exposes also the test ends in future versions of Performance Center

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Shiomi! 

In my case, the controller being used is exclusive only to our team and not shared. 
Would you know of any 'unofficial' tweak where this can be avoided?

- Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

Please try the following and update if it is what you were looking for:

1. Open the edit load test page for the test you are running
2. Click on the options tab
3. Disable the check box for "Stop test when Scheduler and Vusers are inactive"
4. Save the test and run

Regards,
Eyal

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Eyal! 

I followed the steps given, and near the completion of the test run, a dialog pops up saying 'There are few minutes left till the end of the run ...' and there are 2 buttons: Prolong and Close. If you click on Prolong, you can extend the time slot further, so in a way, this allows you to stay on the Test Run Page to do some analysis. Once the time slot expire, you will have to close the test run page.  I guess this is good enough except we need to complete the analysis before the time slot expire. 🙂

Regards,
Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Please note than when the test ends you can still see the Vusers errors in the Run result file named "output.mdb.zip" which after extracting the file you can open the Microsoft Access DB and check the errors at the table named "QErrorSummary"

Regards,
Eyal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the follpw up information.

-Jason

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.