Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Stepdownload time out

Hi

My step download time out was set to 120 seconds by default.

My ART is coming out to be more that 120 Seconds , is this a possible scenario.
If yes , please throw some light on the exact definition of Stepdownload time out.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Stepdownload time out

Step download timeout occurs due to a resource that did not load within the specified interval, in this case its 120 secs.
It is possible to get such an error due to slow loading of some resource. Try to increase the timeout (though not a good option) and check if the step still fails.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I am increasing the default timeout , but my question was can the ART be greater than the stepdownload timeout.

I think if I remove continue on error option then this should not happen , because it might be recording the transaction time although a particular resource might not be getting downloaded.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Sanjay,

Yes you should uncheck option continue on error (Depends on your script and Scenario).

Step downtime error occur when virtual user request is waiting more then 120 seconds for response then you will get step-down time out error. This can be increased from "Run-Time Settings > Preference >Advance" options.(Though this is not best practice to do) because if transaction taking more then 120 second is bad performing transaction and there is no meaning increasing timeout settings.

Yes ART can me more then 120Seconds depends how slow your transaction responding.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Ajay Kumar
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.