Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Terminated due to error as " Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination".

Hi All,

We are running VB Vuser Type protocol script from performance center 11.

LR version is 11 and is on Patch 4.

This single script scenario is running fine upto 8 Vusers, if the Vusers are ramped up above 8 remaining all are failing with "Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination" error.

Can any aone please guide me on how to handle this issue.

Regards,

Srihari

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Terminated due to error as " Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination"

Hi Srihari,

Are you using parameters in your scrip?

If the answer to the question is yes, could you please check if the following parameters option: "When out of values"  is set to "Abort Vuser"? 

If this is the case you should
1. Delete and recreate these parameters using the existing .dat files. The idea is that "When out of values" should be set for example to “Continue On Last Vale”.

2. Then simulate Parameter with the number of  vusers you will need in order to check if there are any  problem with the .dat files.
3. Save the script with a different name
4. Test the replay in Vugen

5. Test with the requested number of Vusers in the scenario and let me know the result

Kind regards

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Re: Terminated due to error as " Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination"

Hi Vmanolovo,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I am not using any parameters in my script.

Regards,

Srihari

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Srihari

Ok if 1 vuser runs from controller that means the script works, but something in the script drains the memory or causes the abnormal terminatio only if more than 8 vusers run, that means something for sure, pelase check how much memory is using each vuser, try running the LG agent as process and service and see if you get any difference in the ammount of vusers you can run, finally check if the from application how many connections is stablishing each vuser and if the application can afford as many as you need, this last thing is a little common and unlikely to be the casue but it would be helpful to deny this is related, the most likely cause is memory or cpu overloaded on LG.

try that and let us know

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Hi Editus,

I have created 5 magentproc's and I ran 4 users across 4 terminal sessions(total 16 vusers) ( I tried running Vuser as a process as well as thread in runtime setings).

This time again I got the similar result , only 8 are running fine rest all are failing with mdrv errors.

Memory is showing at 35 to 45 %, CPU graph did not show any sudden increase in the task manager.

The Code Will do the following:

It will login to ALM application.

It will select a random requirement.

It will select a random testscript.

If this test script doensnt have a previous coverage with this requirement, our code will call coverage API call and will add it as a coverage.

Now it logs out of the project.

All the other VB vuser scripts are also showing same behavior.

First few vusers are running fine, other vusers even without running are failing with mdrv error messages.

Regards,

Srihari

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello

ok clarify something, by VB you mean visual Basic? and this is against ALM? if so why you dotn use the ALM benchmark kit?

regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Hi Editus,

Few Business  Requirements are not covered in benchmark kit, We wrote our own code for that.

And regarding the abnormal terminations when we increased the pacing between iterations that reduced the mdrv error messages.

Regards,

Srihari

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.