Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

The Host X.X.X.X is not connected to the MI Listner 'A.A.A.A', Please check the agent configuration

Current Setup:

We are having performance center 12.60 and MI Listner hosted in US data center and having Standalone LG hosted in Canada data center.
We have opened firewall port 443 bidirectional from MI Listner to Standalone LG.

When we add the LG box from the performance center lab admin, we are getting the error

The Host X.X.X.X is not connected to the MI Listner 'A.A.A.A', Please check the agent configuration on the host machine.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: The Host X.X.X.X is not connected to the MI Listner 'A.A.A.A', Please check the agent configurat

Hello Manjunathin ,

Most probably something is blocking the connection between the LG to the MIL. As in order to troubleshoot the issue, you need to ensure the connection from LG to MIL on port 443 is available. Most easy way to prove is to use telnet (considering telnet is not blocked). As to do that, you should open rdp to the LG and open command prompt. From the command prompt you should enter:

telnet MIL 443

If the connection does not succeed, you should work with your network team to check what is blocking.  It might be there is additional firewall.

If the connection success, you should check the LG agent configuration:

Mi Listener name:  IP or the fqdn of the MIL

Local Machine Key: LG_Location

where:

LG - ip or fqdn of the load generator

Location - over firewall locating as defined in PC

Screenshot for a reference is uploaded

Regards,

Ivo

lg.png

IvoHri
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: The Host X.X.X.X is not connected to the MI Listner 'A.A.A.A', Please check the agent configurat

Hi Ivo,

Appreciate for quick response, We have port 443 from remote LG to MI listener opened and its bi-directional.

If i do netstat -an on remote LG box , i see 443, 50500,54345 and 54245 listening , When i enable firewall agent on agent configuration and do netstat -an again see the 443 and 50500 is gone .

Have specified the details in agent configuration as 

Mi Listener name:  IP

Local Machine Key: LG_Location   as X.X.X.X_ofw_ABC

where X.X.X.X is IP addr of remote LG.

With respect to these i am getting the same error, also wanted to know if MI listener is one domain and remote LG is in another domain..Will this cause an issue?

If there any setting i need to take care in MI listener box?

What should be the name/IP when we add host in labadmin, would this be an machine key or IP addr of remote LG?

Thanks

M

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

If the LG is over firewall, only port 443 is needed. 

MIL should be on the same side of firewall, as PC server and controllers. No settings on MIL needed.  Only reboot it after install. Note, that in performance Center MIL must be a separate dedicated machine. No other components can be installed on it. 

When adding the LG, only LG IP should be used. 

When adding LG over firewall in LAB Management, choose Standalone application, Load Generator only,  and from the drop down box, choose the MIL.

If still having difficulties, I believe it is good to open a ticket with the support.

Best,

Ivo

IvoHri
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Ivor,

Thank You for the response, MIL is in the same side of firewall, as PC server and controllers. Only remote SA LG is outside the firewall. After trying out the steps mentioned still facing the same issue.

I have raised support ticket and will update once i get resolution on this.

Thanks

M

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.