Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Time zone of start time in RunInfo.ini?

All,

The REST resource

/LoadTest/rest/domains/mydomain/projects/myproject/runs/123/results/456/data

contains a file called RunInfo.ini that contains the start time of the run.  It looks like this:

RunDate=19-June-2018 10:02:46 PM

What time zone is that in?  It appears to be local to the load generator or controller.  Is there a way to know for sure?  Could I query the load generator or controller to know its time zone?

thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Time zone of start time in RunInfo.ini?

Hi John,

I am not 100% sure.

I think that in PC this is the timezone of the ALM and PC Servers (they are supposed to be located in the same timezone). Controllers are supposed to be located in ALM/PC timezone as well. The data is taken from the Run entity in ALM.

When you run in PC, you will see a small gap between this time and the time at which the Vusers actually started due to the test initialization time.

When running a test directly from Controller, the timezone of the same value is supposed to be the Controller timezone.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I think all the uncertainty in your answer makes it clear that the time zone should be included in the file, either as part of the RunDate value itself or as a separate value.  Using a separate value would be more likely to preserve any existing uses of the RunDate.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

🙂

You are right. Please open an Enhancement Request. You can do that by opening a regular support ticket with expectation to open an ER instead of investigating the issue.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.