Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Troubleshooting Citrix ICA disconnect event errors from Controller

Got a case open with HP support, but thought I would put this out to the HP forums to see if anyone has any tips or have run into this problem before.

I've creating a simple script to login/logoff an application within Citrix using the Citrix_ICA protocol. I created the script in VuGen and replayed it on my computer with no errors. However, when I create a scenario on the LR controller and use my computer as a load generator, it will error out when the script attempts to login to the application: "Error: Got unexpected disconnect message, exiting..."

Thanks to a handy KB article, I discovered how to show the Citrix display using "-lr_citrix_vuser_view" in the Command Line field under the scripts details settings on the Controller. (very handy indeed!) So, when I view the replay, I see where the application begins to load in the Citrix window, but then abruptly closes out and leaves the Citrix_ICA windows with an empty blue background. LR responses with the error message.

I tried different options in the run-time settings such as running the Citrix as a process instead of a thread, but haven't found what is causing the application to abruptly close on me during a replay from the controller. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated, and I'll share what response I get from HP support on this thread, too.

Thanks!
-Dave
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Troubleshooting Citrix ICA disconnect event errors from Controller

There are a few things that are worth taking a look to debug this issue:
1) How many users are you running this for from the controller? If it is more than one, then you should have equal number of user credentials for the login. Certain applications do not support multiple-login with the same credentials. In such a case, the user that is already logged in will get disconnected when another user tries to login with the same credentials.You will have to check this.
2)You may also have to see the architecture of your citrix environment and how the server farm is configured and if it will be able to handle many citrix sessions.

Work on the first point and let me know if you get any solution.

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Prashanth,

Having Citrix support multiple logins is a concern, but would this still be a case if I was only testing with one vuser? With the issue I'm encountering I'm only using one vuser to test the script to see if there are any issues with it being run by the controller.

Thanks
-David
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Okay, so after further investigation, I've discovered that the application was closing and not Citrix itself. Particularly when I was trying to sync on toolbar objects and click on them.

I removed the code and just have the script blindly click the toolbar button instead. (No short-cut available, otherwise I would use that) and haven't had any further issues.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.