Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TruClient Ajax IE - Function Library not located when running from Perf Center

Hi,

I'm using TruClient Ajax IE with Performance Center 11.52.

I've finally managed to create and parametrize a script which uses functions libraries.

Everything works under VUGen but when I upload the script into Perf Center and run I get the following error:

Error -203252: ** 56.1: Call Function SL.OpenChngStatusPopup ** failed - library named 'SL' could not be located.

I've also tried to add the .xml to the script (Extra Files -  Add files to the script...) but still same result.

Now, I've found few mentions in this/other blogs and I understand that xml file of the function library may contain a hard relation to my local HD. Is that correct? Can you please provide me with likely solution? It has to do with copying the .xml into a specific path (in the load generator)?

Thanks in advance!! Ivan    

P.S. This thread has been moved from LoadRunner Support Forum to Performance Center Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: TruClient Ajax IE - Function Library not located when running from Perf Center

Yes, it has a reference. Go to a folder where your script is stored. There should a subfolder named libraries and in that file you will find a xml which has that location reference as shown below with the example path of c:\Temp which you might be missing in your PC's load-generator.  Make sure that this file path should be accessible through your PC's load-gen. It needs complete path else it won't work, if you change your library location manually then you need add reference to that new location in your script again. You can keep library on a shared location and reference from there so that you don't have to copy on load-genators.

<truLibraryRef engineVersion="11.52.4391.0" timestamp="Wed Feb 05 2014 10:17:15 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)">
<step type="library" stepId="step:{fc573ca2-6dcb-4b20-8085-3488888ef909}" action="T1" level="43" arguments="{}" location="C:\Temp\Tlib.xml"/>
</truLibraryRef>

Tnx!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TruClient Ajax IE - Function Library not located when running from Perf Center

Thx ssawale! I figured out I wasn't using Global libraries. As a consequence I could not initlally find any reference in my xml (under "libraries" subfolder).

I've done the following:

1) Created a global library in my local machine (I understand I could do it in a shared folder too)

2) I've imported it into my script so as to create the reference.

3) I've compiled and uploaded the script into Perf Center.

4) Copied the lib0rary xml file to the load generator (under same path).

I still get the same error msg (library could not be located). Any other idea? It's quite frustrating now 😞

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can try the following :

Add your external files to the script through File > Add Files to Script  through menu in VuGen before exporting the script files into .zip

Cheers ,

Hamed

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Hamed!

You know, I don't have "Add Files to Script" under the menu File, which I probably should be worry about 🙂

But I did it from Extra Files > Add Files to Scripts (from "Solution Explorer" pane) and still didn't work.

I have no idea. I'm checking the permissions for that specific folder. But I can't believe this to be the problem, as I upload a doc from the same folder somewhere else in the script.

Cheers,

Ivan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.