Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

TruClient call to function fails when script is running in Performance Center

Hello,

I created 4 scripts which use a global function libary. The lib was originally created in the first script and exported from there to my local HD and then imported to the other scripts. All 4 scripts were uploaded to HP PC (using the "all files" option) and become part of the same test in Performance Center.

When running the test I get error messages on all my Vusers for all scripts, I see the following errors appearing:

Error -203252: ** 17.2: Call Function LI_function_lib.Verwijder restant bericht ** failed - library named 'LI_function_lib' could not be located       Snapshot Info [MSH 1 1]

Error -205177: Exception in Library.getLibXmlDoc, ex=APIError: File_Not_Found       Snapshot Info [MSH 0 1]    [MsgId: MERR-205177]    [MsgId: MERR-205177]

So to me this means that obviously the function lib cannot be accessed.

Where did I go wrong?

B.t.w. the snapshot are of no use, nothing in there, that seems to make sense to me.

I tried adding the lib xml file to the "Extra files" section, but this did not help.

Regards,

Peet

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: TruClient call to function fails when script is running in Performance Center

So I discovered that the xml file of the function library contains a hard relation to my local HD, that pretty much explains why Performance Center cannot find the libraries, because it still refers to my local HD. So I made the exact same directory location of the load generators with a copy of the libs and now Performance Center can find the libraries.

OK, now I bypassed the problem, but surely this is not the way how to do things.

If anybody can tell me how it should be done properly I sure would like to know...

Regards,

Peet

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: TruClient call to function fails when script is running in Performance Center

Near as I can tell, function libraries are a poorly architected hack. They make it impossible for mutliple users to edit the same script unless they have a shared drive (at the same absolute location), they are not stored in the enterprise repository (ALM), and they are not sent to the load generators so they also have to have the shared drive at the same absolute location. It makes a mockery of 'enterprise' architecture.

Even simple copy/paste of steps between scripts would have been more useful... but no, can't do that either. Ugh. I hope V12 is fixing some of this...

-Mark

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

When you export libraries you also need to make sure that you don't use any mapped drive and use absolute path like \\<sharename>\<folderonshare>\<libraryfilename> else performance center won't find the files.

One thing you can check for proper path that should be accessible from performance center is location set in a GUID named file under libraries script folder. Go to your <script>\libraries folder and open GUID named file with notepad. Look for location under the tag <truLibraryRef> in that xml file, this path should be accessible in performance center.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

To all encountering the MERR 201577 file not found. I know this thread is old, but adding onto what SSWALE stated, you must choose the absolute path. To clarify, instead of choosing from the "Mapped" drive list, you must choose from the "NETWORK" drive list in order for your test to work from Performance Center.

When you choose to import in TruClient the Global lib from the Mapped drive list, somehow the test in PC is still looking for the lib through your local machine from your LG. Opening the xml in the script folder under Libraries you'll see the path of the file will show your mapped drive.  Eample: location="S:\Global.xml"/>

When you import choosing from the Network list and look at the xml again, you'll see that it gives the absolute path that your LG machine can access. Example: location="\\CPT-EXCHANGE\Shared\Global.xml"

Make sure your LG machine is joined and logged into the domain with a network profile. Then ensure on the LG machine the Agent Runtime Settings is running as a service. On the LG machine go to Start Menu > All Programs > HP Software > HP  LoadRunner > Agent Runtime Settings. Now enter the credentials you used to log the LG machine into the domain. You're done.

Try running the Test in PC again and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps all that come here to this page looking for answers with the MERR 201577 error. This got me past my road block

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.