Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Trying to time a transaction that involves both web and database processing

I have a typical .net web and MS SQL Server application that I am scripting on. Naturally, it is easy to time the transaction that is presented on the UI, but I also want to measure the time it takes for the back end SQL processing that occurs as a result of the web click. For instance the response from the web could take 30 seconds, but the back end processing takes at least 3 minutes to complete. How would I go about measuring the time it takes for the sql to complete within LoadRunner. Perhaps a while loop waiting for the records to complete?

Thanks.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Trying to time a transaction that involves both web and database processing

Try doing single Vuser multiple iterations, only after completion of the 1st iteration it will start doing 2nd iteration.
By that way u will get the complete time for 1st iteration(time taken in Web Server + backend DB Server)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Trying to time a transaction that involves both web and database processing

Thanks for the iteration advice. However, I am guessing that I need to invoke the database during script execution and not continue to run until the data is finished processing.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.