Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Unable to Connect to Performance Center 12.5

Hi All,

Recently we uninstalled .net framework from our performance center machine due to internal security inspections. now post re-installing, iam not able to connect to PC URL.

I get the following message HTTP 500 error " Failed to load aspnet_filter.dll"

Can anyone please throw some work arounds for this issue?

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to Connect to Performance Center 12.5

Hello Manesh,

Did you use the \DVD\Setup\Common\dotnet specific executable to install the .NET Framework?

Also did you rerun the Configuration Wizard post reinstall?

Thanks,

Paul 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Paul,

We suspected there was trouble in IIS. so we unistalled and did re-install IIS and deployed application again on the server. Now we get a different error -  "could not load file or assembly 'HP.Cntrl.Online.Model' or one of its dependencies.An attempt was made to load program with incorrect format" - Please refer attached screenshot too. 

Now not sure what got mess-up !!!. Please do let me know any worksrounds for this ...

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Manesh, 

Could you send me the install log for the product - should be located in the folder %temp% of the user that did the installation. 

Also send me the orchidtmp folder zipped.

Thanks,

Paul 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Paul,

Performance center was installed 4 years before. I just captured orchidtmp folder alone. Attaching event log error too.

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mahesh,

If you reinstalled IIS, you need to run the PC Configuration Wizard again. From the logs, I see you did not run it. 

Thanks,

Paul 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Paul,

We are unable to open Server configuration Wizard. 

Tried in this path; 

Start > All Programs > HP > Performance Center Server/Host > Tools, right-click Server/Host Configuration Wizard, and select Run as administrator

No response occurs on clicking it

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mahesh,

You need to tell us exactly what steps you took before the environment got into this stage: only .NET/IIS reinstallation? Did you also install the .NET Framework from the DVD? Perhaps is better to raise this via a support case. Also one other option is to reinstall the application, since this should be fast too. (before you can backup the PC folder just in case)

Thanks,

Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Paul,

Only .net framework & IIS was uninstalled and re-installed. No other changes was done. 

We are trying to install in a new machine for performance center infra alone.

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.