Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Unable to initialize test in performance center 12.5 on clicking run button

Hi Support Team,

We had recently re-configured Performance Center Server component alone on our server machine. While clicking run for our scenarios, it just remains idle instead of opening initialize run page. 

Any guidance for this issue, please?

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to initialize test in performance center 12.5 on clicking run button

Hello Mahesh,

Please try the following steps:

1. login to PC Administartion --> Projects and open the relevant project in which you fail.

2. Update the Post-Run Action field (righ side down) to be : "Do not Collate " and save it

3. Update again the Post-Run Action field to be the "Unrestricted (user-defined)" and save it.

4. login to the project and try to run a test.

please update us if it works

Thanks

Aliza

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Aliza,

Are you talking about  post run settings done in performance center for a particular scenario?

I could see only do not collate result option and not the other one " User Defined...".

On using do not collate option, still issue persist. 

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

The suggested workaround is not for the Project level (not scenario and not from  My Performance Center). It is for PC Administration (which is the web UI for LAB Management). 

You can launch it from the ALM main screen where you have the entries to login to ALM Desktop client,Lab management and also the PC Administartion.

1. login to PC Administartion --> Projects and open the relevant project record in which you failed

2. Update the Post-Run Action field (it appears in the right side down) to be : "Do not Collate " and save it

3. Update / revert  the Post-Run Action field to be the "Unrestricted (user-defined)" (first option) and save it.

Aliza

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Aliza,

Nope, i could find post run time action settings for my project. Please refer attached screenshot.

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

Sorry but per the screenshot you are logged in to LAB Management and not to PC Administration. please use the link of PC administration from the main ALM page (as I described before). This field appears there as this is only PC functionality,.or you can log in to PC administration via: http://<pc server name>/admin

Aliza

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Aliza,

I have some trouble in login using the url  "http://<pc server name>/admin". It shows HTTP 404 error.

From ALM site, i couldnt find any link for PC administration.

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

I assume that the issue is related to timeslot - whuich cannot be saved. Can you try and save a future timeslot (autostart) and see if it is saved. 

Anyhow I would recomend to open a support case for that as seems that it requires debug .

Aliza

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Aliza,

It doesnt work for future timeslot too. As suggested, i will open a case for this.

Thanks for your help & support.

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.