Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Unable to login into Performance Center site

Hi MF Team,

Recently we had issue in our performance center server. We had uninstalled and did fresh installation of Performance Center Server component alone on the same machine. 

Now we are not able to login into performance center using our exiting registered users. It states "Unable to login General Error". Can any one please help on this?

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to login into Performance Center site

Hi Mahesh,

It might mean that your user can't be authenticated against ALM. Did you run succesfully the Configuration Wizard on the PC Server?

For more details, you will need to check/provide us with the QC ALM, and PC w3wp logs. 

Thanks,

Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Paul,

Server config wizard ran successfully without any issues. Attaching w3wp logs for your reference.

Let me know for any other inputs

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mahesh,

Is your ALM server configured with SSL - even though I see that the ALM url in the logs is via HTTP? You can also check the ALM URL button in ALM Lab - PC Servers to see the way ALM is configured to communicate with PC. 

If so, you need to reconfigure and secure with SSL the PC Server as well. 

You can also check the ALM QC logs to see what is the issue on the ALM side. 

Is your ALM working fine? No errors while login, no errors in the logs? No real SQL issue?

Best regards,

Paul 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Paul,

We are not using HTTPS so SSL configuration not required.

Good point as suggested, i tried login into ALM. No errors or issue we face during login. 

We are able to access test plan / runs of PC via ALM. 

Login issue is there only when we try accessing directly via Performance Center URL.

Please do help us to fix this.

Regards,

Mahesh 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mahesh,

It is good that you can login in ALM, still can you edit a test? This action redirects and logins you to MyPC application. 

What is printed in the ALM QC log while reproducing the issue?

Best regards,

Paul 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Paul,

Yes, when i try to edit test it redirects to Performance Center and scenario gets opened correctly. When i try to click run, it opens new timeslot page but remains idle instead of kick starting the run.

ALM QC logs - I could find one folder named QC and has logs directly but files are having old timestamps. Can you please share full path to check on this?

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mahesh,

In order to exclude the existing tests timeslots issues, please create a new test, and run it - via ALM login and redirect to MyPC.

If that works, than only the login from MyPC is affected and we will see why. Capture the login via MyPC directly via Fiddler. 

Thanks,
Paul 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Paul,

I tried creating a new test via ALM. On clicking run test button, it also remains idle.

Performance Center login via Fiddler i capture and attached session file. 

Please have a look and help on how to proceed further. Thanks for your assistance till now.

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mahesh,

Indeed we see the HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized response. For better troubleshooting and getting to the root cause faster, I think is better to raise a support case.

Best regards,

Paul 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Paul,

I was thinking of the same to raise ticket for this. Thanks a lot for your time & help till this stage.

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.