Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to see the code in the script

Hi Experts,

I have recorded a Web based (HTTP/HTMl) script. With the following settings
Recording - HTML based
Network Port Mapping – Socket level data

While recording for a step, I am able to see the events getting generated but no code shows in the script. Means nothing comes in the transaction.

I have tried with many options but nothing is working out.

Please suggest with your valuable inputs.

Thanks & Regards
Somank
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Unable to see the code in the script

Hi,

Have you verified with the developers on the protocol/type of communication. Recheck with Protocol advisor on LR9.5

Try recording with Port Mapping set to Wininet level.
Also check if the anitvirus & DEP are disabled as antivirus may interfere with sniffing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Thanks for the response.

I checked on the protocol advisor it shows using HTTP and Ajax click and script but with both the options , no success.

Have tried with disabling anti virus and DEP settings and port mapping set to winlet level. But still I am getting nothing in the script for the step.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Somank
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

what kind of application it is?

try with win sock protocol
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Prakar,

I tried with win sock protocol also but no success.

The application is a simple web based application.

Evrything is fine in script except for a report in the application where, I see the events getting generated while recording but no code shows in the script. Even while recording I am unable to select anything for the report.

Concern is basically why no code is there when events are getting generated.

Thanks,
Somank
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Try this if it records,
Go to recording options->HTTP Properties->Advanced.Check the "Record with earlier recording engine" option.
Close vugen and relaunch. Try recording the script.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.