Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unix versus windows platform for loadrunner

I was reading the manual for the LoadRunner virtual user generator tool and it says that “Virtual User Generator records Virtual user scripts on Windows platforms only. However, a recorded Virtual user script can be run on both Windows and UNIX platforms. ”,
are they talking about the platform where the application is installed or they are talking abut the platform where the loadrunner is installed, for example if I want to do a stress test for a Siebel application that is installed on Unix platform , but I will run the LoadRunner from my laptop which have windows XP as an operating system, so will I have any problem.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It is referring to Vugen installation. You do not have any problem in testing your application.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That being said - not all protocols are supported for script replay on Unix. All are supported on Windows. See the HP documentation for which protocols do not support UNIX replay. From the dated doc I have examples are: RMI, EJB, DB2, Citrix and Java user, Javascript user are only Windows replay
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.