Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Upgrade to 12.6 and My Performance Center is employing wrong user to connect to database

We have upgraded both ALM and Performance Center Server to 12.6. All our projects are accessible in Site Administration and Lab Management but connecting via My Performance Center or attempting to run scripts in the Desktop Client both fail. We find My Performance Center is attempting to connect to the database with user 'td'

On review of the siteadmin files I find no parameter for the db_user. 

In performing the upgrade the user 'td' was not avaialble as an option. so we created a new user with dbadmin, security, and ownership of the databases.

How do we designate the correct user for My Performance Center and the Desktop Client to use?

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Upgrade to 12.6 and My Performance Center is employing wrong user to connect to database

We have upgraded the siteadmin.xml file to employ our database URL, qcSiteadmin database,  and default user password. The connection still fails.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Upgrade to 12.6 and My Performance Center is employing wrong user to connect to database

Hi, 

It seems like a connectivity issue from your PC server to the LAB_PROJECT db schema. td user is build in in case you are using ALM with MSSQL and  SQL authentication.  iT IS BEING CREATED FIRST TIME WHEN YOU'LL INSTALL alm server with that db server and its the tables owner. You can also validate that the issue is related to PC --> db connectivity  by log in to PC Administartion , you'll probably get Operation failed due to the PC server failure to connect the LAB_PROJECT. Please review the PC server logs orchidtmp/ltlogger/w3w4/log.txt for the relevant error. Maybe related to network / connectivity blockers between both machines (DB and PCS)..

Alzia

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.