Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Urgent help needed for flex recording

Hi i am getting the below error message while recodring the script in LR 9.52 for flex application. Please help me..

AMF warning: AMF: Externalizable parsing failed: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Could not call org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.writeObject() : Could not call org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl.writeObject() : Could not call org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl.writeObject() : Java heap space
---- Debugging information ----
message : Could not call org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl.writeObject()
cause-exception : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
cause-message : Java heap space
-------------------------------
message : Could not call org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl.writeObject()
cause-exception : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException
cause-message : Could not call org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl.writeObject() : Java heap space
message : Could not call org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.writeObject()
cause-exception : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException
cause-message : Could not call org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl.writeObject() : Could not call org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl.writeObject() : Java heap space
---- Debugging information ----
cause-exception : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
cause-message : Java heap space
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializationMethodInvoker.callWriteObject(SerializationMethodInvoker.java:103)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializableConverter.doMarshal(SerializableConverter.java:205)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:54)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:65)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(TreeMarshaller.java:78)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.marshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:145)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.writeField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:137)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.visit(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:113)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.PureJavaReflectionProvider.visitSerializableFields(PureJavaReflectionProvider.java:129)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doMarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:95)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:54)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:65)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(TreeMarshaller.java:78)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(TreeMarshaller.java:63)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ExternalizableConverter$1.writeToStream(ExternalizableConverter.java:59)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.CustomObjectOutputStream.writeObjectOverride(CustomObjectOutputStream.java:84)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:287)
at flex.messaging.messages.AbstractMessage.writeExternal(AbstractMessage.java:353)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It looks there is some problem.
What is the Flex version? What is the Flex server used?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi madhan,

Flex version:3
Blaze DS
java version in LR server:1.6

i have added all the flex related jars and i was able to record and run teh scripts scripts. i am getting this error when the recorded events exceeds 170. is the VM for LR is less? if so hw can i increase the memory for the same?

Thanks in advance
Aravind
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

There is a patch, please check with hp.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you plese tell me patch name so that i can contact HP for that..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM792242
refer to this article and contact hp for any clarifications
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Im using LR 9.52 now. do i need to install any more patch other than that? please suggest!! because i dont have access to that document which you referred.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Title: How to workaround JVM heapsize limitation of LoadRunner (Rebasing Patch)
Document ID: KM792242
Product: LoadRunner
Version:
Updated: 2009-Nov-09
Summary: The application during recording/replay is demanding to use JVM heapsize which LoadRunner is currently unable to supply. Current limit is maximum of 300MB-500 MB. The rebasing patch will help to allow for a max heapsize of 800MB-1300MB depending on the computer.

Background Information:

Java Virtual Memory (JVM) requires continuous space while LoadRunner (LR) DLLs are loaded into lots of addresses in the memory and because of this, the memory looks like "Swiss cheese" without a large free continuous space.

To overcome this, there is a workaround that should be applied to all LG & Vugen machines. The rebasing patch rebases all the DLLs used by java record & replay to so there will be as much free continuous memory as possible.

Typical Issue Encountered during Vugen recording

During recording, the application is demanding to use JVM heapsize which Vugen is currently unable to supply, thus throwing error messages such as "Could not create the Java Virtual Machine".

However if try to start up the application during recording with a heapsize that is within LR limit (approximately 350MB), the application will fail to launch.

Possible Vugen Replay Error:

Unlike during recording where we are required to run the whole application, script replay usually only runs a subset of the application. Thus there is low possibility of reaching the JVM heapsize limitation.

However in extreme cases e.g. when running a large number of Vusers on the machine, the limitation may transform into OutOfMemoryException.

Solution

Workaround (during recording)

Apply the rebasing patch and try using the added space for VM via Recording Options, add to Java Environment Settings, under Java VM, Additional VM Parameters '-Xmx850m'. This will tell the VM to reserve a max of 850MB for heap space.

Workaround (during replay)

For such cases first try to set the limit to approximately 350MB. If LR scripts fail to run, then apply the patch and run with 850MB via Runtime Settings, add to Java Environment Settings, under Java VM, Additional VM Parameters '-Xmx850m'. This will tell the VM to reserve a max of 850MB for heap space.

â ¢This is not an official patch, and users will have to install it on every load generator manually
â ¢Prior to implementing this workaround the scripts must be check to determine what they are taking so much memory and whether it is justified
â ¢Different versions exists for LR 9.0, 9.1 and 9.5. Click the following links to see attached patches:
Clck here for Rebasing Patch LR90.zip

Clck here for Rebasing Patch LR91.zip

Click here for Rebasing Patch LR95, LR951.zip

IMPORTANT: Please refer to the specific patch readme/text document for instructions on how to apply it properly.

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks parker.. i will get the patch and let you know..

thanks for both your support, matha and parker
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response. The license for LR was expired so i was not doing testing for these days. Now i got the rebasing patch and installed on the server. but still im getting the same error. the LR version which im using is LR 952 but the patch is for LR 951. will it affect? In my case the binary codes are converted into xml format for certain AMF call functions but for the remaining AMF call functions LR cannot convert the binary into XML. for those functions only im getting the above error message.

Please find the Logs generated during the installation of rebasing patch

Thanks in advance
Aravindaraj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Did you receive Out of memory error or other error related to conversion of data?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mathan,

i am getting out of memory error during the conversion of binary into XML.it happens only for few amf call functions(say if there are 7 amf calls then the last 2 amf calls were not able to converted into xml.) please find the generation error message in the attachment.

Thanks,
Aravindaraj
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.