Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

User needs to perform a common activity and specific activity

Jump to solution

To start with, I am testing a public website. There are no login credentials associated with each user.

Each ramped up user would need to access the application, perform a common activity,CA and pick one of the 5 subactivities, SA1-5. If there are 50 users simulating this, i want 50 users to perform CA. Once done 10 users should simulate SA1., 10 should simulate SA2 etc

An approach to do this is to create 5 seperate scripts with CA and a corresponding SA. Since i would be running all the scripts in one go, with this approach 5 users(1 user/script) will be ramped up. But I want only one user to be ramped up at a time. 

Also I want this to be achieved in a single script. Can I use multiple actions or action blocks to get this done?

Any assistance is highly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: User needs to perform a common activity and specific activity

Jump to solution

I was able to figure out a better solution that would give me the precise ratio of 50%. 

All I had to do was use a single Action file and setup a Parameter file with SAs. If there are 5 subactivities, the file will have all the 5 activities in the order I want them to be executed. Once this is setup, all I had to do was to programmetically check the value in the parameter for each user and an If-else loop to make the appropriate calls. This approach would give me more control on the order of sub activities that I intend to simulate.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

I was able to achieve this partly using action blocks. I have created two actions A1 and A2. In Run time settings-> Run Logic Tree, I had setup Group Property to Random. I created two blocks and placed an action under each block with Run Login Sequential and block percentage 50%. Upon running for 10 users in Controller, users are divided unevenly. One time it is 6:4 and the other time 7:3. I even got 5:5 once. Any ideas on what could be a better approach to get 5:5 consistently?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

I was able to figure out a better solution that would give me the precise ratio of 50%. 

All I had to do was use a single Action file and setup a Parameter file with SAs. If there are 5 subactivities, the file will have all the 5 activities in the order I want them to be executed. Once this is setup, all I had to do was to programmetically check the value in the parameter for each user and an If-else loop to make the appropriate calls. This approach would give me more control on the order of sub activities that I intend to simulate.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.