Highlighted
New Member.

Users Rampup Stopped without any reasons

Hi,  I was running a load test ramping up 50 users every 5 minutes and had set the ramp up until it reaches 700 users and leave the test to run for 25 minutes;

When the user load reached 500, LR stopped the rampup and continued with 500 users only, I waited for a long for the user rampup but didnt do anything; Test was set to run for 1hr 30Minutes and the test didt stop after 1hr 30Minutes and had to stop the test manually;  This is like a mystery question which I am unable to answer to the team why the test dint go above 500 user; Any valid answers to thsi post will be appreciated; 

Thanks,

Pradeep

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Users Rampup Stopped without any reasons

My first inclination would be to check your license to see if you have adaquate licensing for the number of vusers you wish to run with the protocol. 

Were there any error or warning messages displayed when you started the test, or when it reached your maximum number of users that it ran with?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Thanks for your quick resposne; Yes I had adequate licenses(1000VUD's). There were no errors at the start of the test or when the test reached 500 users;

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

What protocol were your scrpits written in?  Were you using multi-protocol scripts?  In the past, I've experienced similar lmits when running multi-protocol because it would use a license for each protocol within the script.  Like Web http/html + webservices script.  With 1000 licenses, I would only be able to run 500 of that script because ti would grab two liceneses per user to accomodate each protocol.

I'm not saying that is your case, but I've seen that in the past. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I am using only web http/html protocol. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Pradeep

Happy Diwali!

My suggestion is to see if what is the CPU and memory of Load Generators?

Also, check if you using Goal Based Run? 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.