Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Using QTP and Loadrunner together

Hi,
i am trying to performance test an applicaaation..but to create the Lr Scripts i am force to use QTP as some part of the transactions happen on the client side so lr cannot se it...How can i put the two together so i can have a script that can be use for performance testing in the controller? Please help
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Using QTP and Loadrunner together

If I am not wrong then I think You need a license to convert a QTP script to a loadrunner script. But again the end result will be same. Can you specify in brief what kind of application you are testing. Maybe we can suggest some other workaround

Imran
You are resource limited only by your imagination
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Imran, Thanks for coming back to me so quickly,actually i am trying to performance test a Nots(Domino)based application utilising Xpagestechnology running on Lotus Domino 8.5.1 on Windows server...
Please could you explain the licensing part to convert QTP script to Lr Script? this could be the solution(if it is possible) because we can play the QTP scripts in a LR scenario but the End rResult is Server side performance related...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hi Minos

To run QTP scripts from Loadrunner you need Vuser license for GUI - HP QuickTest Professional software. It comes as a seperate bundle. Do check the availabilty of it in your licensed protocol stack. Your number of Vuser will be limited by this license and not QTP license.

Regarding "how to" and "Troubleshooting" find document attached to this reply. This document I had got it from support long back where we had similiar kind of requirement as yours but we never tried.

For licensing information its better to contact support.

Regards,
Imran

PS:Please do assign me points if my soln has resolved your issue or in a way helped you reaching your resolution.
You are resource limited only by your imagination
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Imran,
If i wanted to go about it(Record my scripts) by using Remote desk Protocol (RDP)or Citrix will it be possible to record script from a Domino Based application running on Lotus Domino 8.5.1 seating on Windows server? of course i have tried both the script comes blank am 1 doing something wron or it is just not possible ? Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi imran
sorry was off sick..thanks for your reply i did not get the doc attached to your mail could you please resend it to germain.agblo@gmail.com ...
PS: i give you a 7points for answer
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.