Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VB the front end and Oracle the back end

I have a VB application in the front end (client)that interacts with the Oracle in the back end (server). As per the technical architecture team the front end application(client) communicates with the server through ODBC .

Now I wish to know what would be the potential protocol to be used for recording?

What should I enter in the field "Program to record" and "Program Arguments" while starting the recording process?

Help in this regard would be valueable.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: VB the front end and Oracle the back end

You would be using Vb script as this is your front end.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It would be helpful to get more information on this topic
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Since you have mentioned that the communication protocol is ODBC. You can use the ODBC protocol for recording the application. In the "Program to record" you can choose the .exe file of your application.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Pawana,

Program to record: Specify your application path.

I suggest you try with ODBC protocol.

The details on recording with this protocol can be found in LR help.

Start->All Programs->LR->Documentation->VUGen Ref (Ref Protocols)

If this doesn't help....try to use LR PROTOCOL ADVISOR feature; this will list the suitable protocol(s).

PS: This feature is available in LR 9.5.

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

If you have loadrunner version 9.5,use PROTOCOL ADVISOR feature to identify the protocol for your application.

If you don't 9.5 version,then proceed with ODBC protocol.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.