Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

VTS with Trueclient script is failing in Performance center

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have GUI script (Login - Search - Logout), created in trueclient protocol which access test data from VTS. Script has Login-Logout in Vnit- vend. The VTS connection is made in Init and disconnects in Vuser-end in both scripts.

The login uses VTS data once for a vuser and Search uses different VTS data for every iteration.

While running the script in PC for more than 1 vuser, I am getting below error :

API_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: TC.vtcColumnSize There is no connection to specified Virtual Table Server.

The issue starts around elapsed time  = 5 minutes. However the sam script with Login-Logout inside action works fine without any issue.

Note:
Vugen, PC and LG version is 12.02
Simulate a new user in each iteration is disabled in RTS.
VTS is set up with mutiple instances.

Could somebody please address on this. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: VTS with Trueclient script is failing in Performance center

Jump to solution

Hi There,

I am happy to inform that the issue got resolved and the solution given by HP support team is as given below.

The script had the same issue in vugen as well when running for more than 15 iterations and the solution to this is changing the value of "NannyNeverRestart" = 1 from 0 in the "default.cfg" file inside script folder. This parameter might not be seen in default.cfg file always and to get it visible, make any change in runtime settings and save the script.

Thank you so much HP support team to identify the issue and provide a solution within a feasible time.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Lakshmi,

The isue is quite complex, please open a support ticket to HP Support team and provide your script to investigate.

Thank you.

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chau,

Thanks for replying.
As you suggested I have raised an HP ticket and it is in progress. I will post the details/fixn once the issue is resolved.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

TruClient close all browser connections between iterations by default. It sounds like this is the issue. 

You have mentioned the solution yourself, either place the login\logout top VTS inside the action or turn off "New User Simulation" in Run Time Settings.

If you choose the later, you need to make sure that the script runs correctly regardless of VTS.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for your reply.

We need not iterate Login/Logout and hence kept in Init/End. Also as mentioned in my post simulate new user RTS is already disabled. Eventhough few iterations pass for around 5 minuites, afterwards all iteation fails with error VTS connection got disabled.

Note: When everything is in Action, script works as expected but there is ssue when login/logout is separated to Init/end.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks I understand it better now., Sorry for the confusion.

I guess the session to VTS server times out. I suggest keeping VTS authentication step inside the action or at least run it every few iterations in order to maintain the connection to the VTS server. 

You can create a local function library and inside it a function to authenticate. Call this function at the beginning of each iteration and add a condition inside the function to perform the authentication every 3 iterations or so. Manage a counter in JavaScript code.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for the reply.
As suggested I can keep VTS Connect/Disconnect statement within action. But is there any performance difference between this method and keeping in Init/End?

• Also If connection time out is happening, do we have an option to provide extended time?
  • But this dosen't looks like a connection timeout because In my script the issue is with only one VTS out of 2.
    There are VTS connections for 2 different instances, one for LoginID and another for Search Data. Here both VTS is establishing connection in Init and disconnects in End.

VTS data retrieval for LoginIDs happen in Init, whereas VTS data retrieval for Search Data happens in Action since we need to search with different data in each iteration.

The issue occurs only for second VTS which i s iterating in Action. There is a chance that we might not know even if LoginID VTS also getting disconnected in between, because we are not accessing it in Action( ) during the test. However If a VTS instance got already disconnected in between, then it will throw error when you try to disconnect explicitly at End( ) which I am not seeing for LoginID VTS. Thus the connection behaves as expected and it is active throughout the test and issue is only with VTS being accessed in Action.

Workarouond:

I did the following in my script in Action( ) and it is working in vugen and trying for smoke test :

• Eval JS with rc = LR.vtcconnect();
  • Catch
  • Eval JS with Data retrieval code.

Here I am trying to connect VTS in every iteration. So in case if connection got disconnected in between the test it will reconnect else step will fail and go to catch block and continue with execution..

Please let me know your thoughts/suggestion on this method.

Note: Sorry for writing this long story and thanks for the patience.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi,

With the above said steps also I am getting issue with VTS connection :(. Please refer the logs below.
t=00463479ms: ** 2.2: Catch Any error on the previous step ** successfully completed [MsgId: MMSG-205180] [MsgId: MMSG-205180]
t=00463479ms: ** 2.3: Evaluate JavaScript code var PtCount = LR.vtcColu...ame,"Standard"); ** started [MsgId: MMSG-205180] [MsgId: MMSG-205180]
t=00463479ms: Error -205177: ** 2.3: Evaluate JavaScript code var PtCount = LR.vtcColu...ame,"Standard"); ** failed - exception occurred: API_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: LR.vtcColumnSize There is no connection to specified Virtual Table Server. Please verify you use the connect method or used proper vtsName

Catch will execute if connection is existing but then also in next step it is failing for no existing connection. Complete log file is attached here.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Lakshmi,

Do not worry about writing long and detailed description. I am glad we have a user like you who describe things in such a detailed manner. In most cases it is hard to help since the description lacks many details.

I think you should try reconnecting after you get this error, i mean the catch step should come after the step that fails and not after the connection step. From current flow it does not seem like it is going to change anything, but still if "feels" more appropriate to me.

In any case I suggest you will contact HPE support team and get their help. I believe there is a need to have a closer look.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi,

Thank you so much.
I have changed the code to: Data Retrieval --> Catch (Within Catch Connection and Data retriveal).
This should be working but unfortunately I am getting same error in PC. 

Meanwhile the ticket is in progress and will update once it is resolved.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi There,

I am happy to inform that the issue got resolved and the solution given by HP support team is as given below.

The script had the same issue in vugen as well when running for more than 15 iterations and the solution to this is changing the value of "NannyNeverRestart" = 1 from 0 in the "default.cfg" file inside script folder. This parameter might not be seen in default.cfg file always and to get it visible, make any change in runtime settings and save the script.

Thank you so much HP support team to identify the issue and provide a solution within a feasible time.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

While the workaround is good for you I must warn you that it is not recommend using it, at least not as a default option for all scripts. The Nanny restarts the browser in case it identifies the browser process grows over time. Many applications do not release memory in the browser since for a single user it is not dramatic. TruClient runs multiple Vusers on the same machine and restarting the browser in such cases might be needed.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.