Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VU Gen won't launch IE

Hi,
I've been using LR for many years now and have never encountered this issue before, so am hoping that someone out there in forum land may be able to assist.

I've just installed LR 9.5 on Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition (as part of a VM farm). When I attempt to use VU-Gen using the basic Web Protocol, it won't even launch IE6.

I attempted other protocols and even tried to see if it could open ANYTHING... it couldn't even open Notepad.exe.

LR doesn't produce any errors or messages - it just doesn't launch anything.

I've checked:
- Add-ins within IE (all disabled)
- Disabled DEP on Windows

Other things to note:

- Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration is enabled on this particular machine - however, it's not launching ANYTHING, even outside of LR.

I had installed LR to a different directory other than the default, and then considered that this may have been causing problems (ie,. not installed to the correct x86 Program Files). So I uninstalled and reinstalled to the default directory, and exactly the same thing occurs.

Even if I manually launch IE and manually start recording the test (not on script record startup) - it ignores the Session.

I have also attempted to record in the older recording engine, however, no change.

Basically.. it's like something is blocking LR from hooking into anything - IE or otherwise.

Does anyone have any other thoughts of things I could try?
Any thoughts?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: VU Gen won't launch IE

Incidentally, the recorder opens up... and is in record mode... but naturally, 0 events are ever recorded.

The Protocol Analysis tool also comes up empty.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK.. further grunting around on these forums and on Google, gave me this (from Dmitry Shevchenko) :
~~~~~~~~
"Jun 25, 2009 17:09:24 GMT
Only script replay is supported on Win2003 SP2 x64 platform, recording is not supported. So the problem you encountered is expected.
~~~~~~~~

This to me, looks like my issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Simon,

You may be correct only replay is possible.

But still we can try one last thing.

1. Make sure the firewall is disabled.

2. There are different capture levels ( Socket data level, WinInet data level as well as combination of both) in recording options. Please give a last try with them one by one.

Hope this will work.

Thanks
Ajay Kumar
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.