Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VUGEN not recording scripts

Hi,

I am trying to record a sample script using Load Runner's VUGEN, but am coming up with the following issues:

1. When I chose the browser as Internet Explorer and enter the URL and begin recording, the IE is not able to open the URL at all. The Status bar says Connecting but never completes the process. I am able to open the same URL, through another instance of IE opened separately.

2. When I chose the browser as Mozilla Firefox and enter the URL and begin recording, Firefox is able to open the URL successfully but the events are not recorded for the same.

Please advise me on the same.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: VUGEN not recording scripts

might want to repost on the Perfromace Center threads.

is this new issue? can you open and record on a different url?

if happens all the time, take a close look at the settings / options, and your browser options.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

what is the version of IE you are using.If its IE8 downgrade it to IE7.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

whats OS have you installed VUGen on??

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am using IE 6.0....
Also, have installed VUGEN on Win XP....

On fiddling with the settings, I came across an option which said to "Record using previous engine".... After checking that option, I am now able to record through IE properly... Any clues as to why this is happening...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any news info ? I tried with Firefox and no records. same with IE when there are not errors...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.