Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VUGen 9.1 is crashing while replaying script

Jump to solution
Hi,

VUGen is crashing while replaying one of our scripts for one of our applications. (Other application scripts are working fine).

1) When I click replay, it is asking for results folder name. seems results folder is locked. Any problem with results folder.
2)In task manager I found 2 mmdrv.exe processes are running, actually how many are required? Can I kill them.

Not sure above points attributing to VUGen crash or not.

LR 9.1
Protocol : WEB(HTTP/HTML)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: VUGen 9.1 is crashing while replaying script

Jump to solution
My guess would be that you have some mis-behaving custom code in your script that is causing the crash.

Yes the locked folder is due to the crash.

There should only be one mmdrv.exe for executing a script from VuGen. It should only be active during playback. Kill them.

If no custom code try cutting the code in the bad script into a new script. Save the new one and give it a try. Could be something corrupted in one of the script files.

Alan

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
My guess would be that you have some mis-behaving custom code in your script that is causing the crash.

Yes the locked folder is due to the crash.

There should only be one mmdrv.exe for executing a script from VuGen. It should only be active during playback. Kill them.

If no custom code try cutting the code in the bad script into a new script. Save the new one and give it a try. Could be something corrupted in one of the script files.

Alan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Alan,

Thank you for reply,

I killed those 2 mmdrv.exe processes,
After killing that process when I ran it is not asking for result folder but VUGen is still crashing, once VUGen is crashed mmdrv.exe process is active.

There is no custom code in side the script, seems script is failing at login step. Don't know why it is crashing at that point.

Any suggestions....

Ravi Allam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Reapair your LR setup again and check if you can resolve this crash error
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Try my last suggestion of cutting and pasting your code into a new empty script.

Also, you could try to regenerate the script using the Tools-->Regenrate Script option.

Alan
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Thanks again Alan

cutting and pasting code in empty script worked for one iteration, when I play back again VUGen is crashing.

At login step in Generation Log I saw below string

sessionCheck.keepalive&jsessionID=P_WRyd6r14OVrKh_2-1Z_Jk&memberID=598864

what is this jsessionID? it is there most of places in Generation Log after login step,
do we need to remove or capture, if so how to handle this in script.pls help

Thanks
Ravi Allam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Alan,

Also in Generation Log in the begining even before login step I saw this Cookie

Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=0000KZ3rMJfMhAGkTzIsD8NDVl8

Thanks
Ravi Allam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Normally LoadRunner will take care of Session ID's for you automatically. I am not sure what is causing VuGen to crash. Are you able to install a fresh copy of Vugen on another machine and try your script there to ensure that you do not have a bad installation as the other person recommended?

Alan
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Alan,

VUGen is behaving like this only for this application , as I said for all other applications it is working fine.
After encountering this problem,
I recorded and playback other application script , that script has no issues.

Not sure why it is crashing.

Opened a case ID with HP, they tried to resolve the issue but not succeded yet.

Thanks
Ravi Allam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Ravi,

While crashing does it show any kind of message?

Are you using Run-Time Viewer while replaying back? Disable it and try Tools> General Options> Display> Uncheck the check boxes.

Else try recording or regenerating scirpt with differenct capture level (WinINet) and mode (URL).

Disable all antivirus or spy ware or intrusion proventia, BlackICE if running.

I am guessing if it works. Good Luck.

Thanks,
Champ

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

This is the same solution yesterday HP engineer suggested and working fine so far.

General Options> Display> Uncheck the check boxes.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Ravi Allam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

hi, first you just kill all mmdrv.exe process in task manager. then you try to reply your script vugen can't crash this time.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.