Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

VUGen Credential as Parameter setting

Hello,

I have a script in vugen made with SAP web protocol.

i have 100 credential dedicated and 190 vusers available.

In the scenario i made 8 groups that run the same script,  the first group starts at the beginning of the scenario and stop at the end.

The other groups start and stop for shortest period (ex start at the beginning and stop after 10 min, or start at 15 min and stop at 25 min).

The question is, is there a setting that allow me to not lose the credential when a group stops. 

With Unique, Once after one group stops the credential used by the Group's vusers are no more available.

Thanks in advance

Cesare

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: VUGen Credential as Parameter setting

Hi

If I understand correctly, you want to enable a situation where 2 users will be able to login with the same credentials.

did I understand correctly?

if yes, than without some seriously teawiking the application under test to allow such a scenario, that won't be possible.

what you can do, is try to time the logout of some of the users with the login of other users. try using Rendezvous points and synchronizing the scripts of both groups that way.

This may provide a workaround to to what you need.

Another question - can you not ask your application admin to create 90 more credentials so you can run all users with no interference?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: VUGen Credential as Parameter setting

Hi

Another alternative would be to use VTS, that is shipped with LoadRunner/Performance Center.

Using this technique, each script could take out one credential in the vuser_init and return it in vuser_end.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.