Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VUgen 9.5 scriting issue with Flex Apps.developed using Flex SDK 4.1 with adobe flash builder IDE

We have a flex application developed using Flex SDK 4.1 with adobe flash builder IDE, does any one have any suggestions what files or plugins can be used so that a scripts can be properly recorded with all the code.

I know that we can use the custom java classes if the app. is developed using Blade...

When we record the script, nothing gets recorded, instead of the displaying our Flex App. page, a page /box displays saying communication error unable to contact the server.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: VUgen 9.5 scriting issue with Flex Apps.developed using Flex SDK 4.1 with adobe flash builder IDE

Hi,

What is the version of LR in use?
did you try recording with Flex + web(HTTP/HTML) ?

Custom java classes will be required later to decode the binary to XML.

Could you try launching the application from IE on the vugen machine ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: VUgen 9.5 scriting issue with Flex Apps.developed using Flex SDK 4.1 with adobe flash builder IDE

Thanks for the reply SPP.Below are the answers to your questions

What is the version of LR in use? - 9.52
did you try recording with Flex + web(HTTP/HTML) ? YES

Custom java classes will be required later to decode the binary to XML.

Could you try launching the application from IE on the vugen machine ? The application displays the page correctly from the Vugen machine in IE when manually browsed, but when we record the page does not display correctly and it says Coomunication error unable to contact the server.
The generation log says -------- AMF warning: Missing items key in section JAR_FILES in file flex_ro.ini
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Could you try launching the application from IE on the vugen machine ? The application displays the page correctly from the Vugen machine in IE when manually browsed, but when we record the page does not display correctly and it says Coomunication error unable to contact the server.
The generation log says -------- AMF warning: Missing items key in section JAR_FILES in file flex_ro.ini

The AMF warning is fine. It will be managed by regenerating the script with custom java classes.

Not sure of the DEP settings on the vugen. Verify this
Mycomputer->properties->Advanced->startup and recovery->Settings->click on Edit->WindowsXPProfessional" /noexecute=AlwaysOff

The value of noexecute should be AlwaysOff.

Try and record the script again.
Under recording options->port mapping -> record on Wininet level.

Let me know if this helps
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried both the recommnedations toghether and seperately and here are the results -
With wininet, IE in Vugen crashes.

The startup recovery settings in my machine orginally were like this (/noexecute=optin /fastdetect), so i replaced optin with AlwaysOff and left fastdetect and also removed fastdetect next time, in both the cases I get the communication error unable to connect like i was getting before. Since IE was crashing with wininet i used the default socketlevel with the above options
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.