Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

View State correlation issue

I have an issue while running the script in controller, I am getting 500 errors at one point, when I discuss with developer regarding this he was saying it’s because of not sending proper view state value.
Basically what script is doing after login we need to enter one account number and search, then it will give some items for that account, click on first item after it opens we have add note button we need to click that and add some text and save, then exit, it leads to where we enter account number and then logout. But login and logout should happen once or few times not every time.
So I record a script and see view state values recorded under Item data (web_submit_data). The very first value I am capturing at login and sending back at next step after login where we enter account number and search, here I am capturing 2nd one and sending at next step, like this there are 4 view state values. But the first one I am sending around 20 times as login happens once and 20 add notes and logout.
While I am running this in VuGen for one login and 20 times add note and logout I don’t see any issue and when I try to run this in Controller with more users after some transactions ( Sometimes after all users ramp up) I see 500 errors at after login step where we search with account number. Developer was saying it’s because of not proper view state value.
I have recorded the same script with Web (click and script) protocol to eliminate correlation, but I couldn’t reply that, it’s kind of stuck not moving after enter the password and click login button, don’t see any error but it’s just not moving from there.
I am using LR 8.1.4 version.
Any ideas to handle this would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: View State correlation issue

Check if you are missing other correlations, then may be data is missing.

I hope you recorded twice with 2 different sets of data before doing manual correlation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.