Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Visual Studio & Excel Application is not recording in .net framwork

Hi ,
My application is Web developed in .net framework am using Loadrunner9.52 (HTTP/HTML protocol) .The application is recording and replay & Execution is done success fulley and with the project one scenario is not recorded while recording time it shows events but script is not generating that Scenarion was developed by Visual Studio & Excel .
any one help me out from this issue
With Regards
Raju
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Visual Studio & Excel Application is not recording in .net framwork

Hi Raju,

I recommend you to use .net protocol only to record the scenario and check it works fine or not? May be it might generate scripts..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi
i tried with .Net protocol also but even am not able to get script.

raju
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

have u not used protocol advisor to know what protocol does ur application uses, if not just run the protocol advisor for the scenario where u come across visual studio and excel and just check it. It will give u the brief description. and let me know if u still face any problems.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
I tried with protocol advi it will recommed webservices,winsock but even that protocol r same like previous, when iam open excel file in the application that should be downloaded in our local machine am able to record that excel file wiht winsock file but when am replay that script the script was fiald Error:(authentication was fail)
i have all the access for application and DB also, there no any secure certification they have relese all SSL but still it will requred how to check my applicatio have security from our end.
With Regards
Raju
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,,

I have last one option for this, i dont know it works for u or not, but just a try... try 2 record the same steps/sceanrio in QTP where you open the excel sheet and etc etc... and once ur through with that... run the scripts on Load runner.... i think this is the last option i have.. hope it helps you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
they have closed funcational testing using QTP because of this excel scenario was not supporting for even QTP, now there is some proposel to another tool for functional testing ,

With Regards
Raju
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hey just check this link is usefull for u?

i just google and got it.. i have not gone in depth abt this article..

http://www.wilsonmar.com/lrxls2vu.htm

Regards
Vidhya
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.