Vivit Advanced Training: Deep Dive on Application Performance Engineering with Shunra Software
When: November 28, 2011
Where: Courtyard Vienna Messe
Instructors: Mark Tomlinson, Senior Performance Engineering Consultant, and Matthew Brady, Senior Performance Engineering Consultant, Shunra Software
Take your performance testing skills to the next level! This deep dive session helps testing engineers learn a structured and repeatable approach to application performance engineering using a combination of several products from HP and Shunra Software. The Shunra Application Performance Engineering framework is a common-sense arrangement of practices, processes and deliverables that help to organize the performance engineering activities into a more comprehensive and efficient program. You'll learn how to enhance the planning of your performance tests by first discovering the real-world conditions of the end-user environment, leveraging information from production monitoring. You'll learn how to effectively incorporate real-world conditions into your testing labs or staging environment. Then we'll spend time digging into the workings of a real application and infrastructure, analyzing the performance issues and limitations. At the end, we'll help you learn how to bring all the raw data together and produce a business case for solving and improving the performance of your application and validate the remediation of the real performance issues.
Specific skills acquired will include:
- Introduction to a repeatable framework for Application Performance Engineering
- How to enhance performance test planning with data collected from and about the real world of the end-user. How to include more than just the basic business flows or SLAs.
- How to recreate the real world in your testing lab – with various solutions from HP and Shunra combined
- Single User performance testing and diagnostics – looking into application behaviors, resource abuses, application scoring
- Multi-user performance testing – how to repeat the real-world load of multiple users consuming resources from the application systems and the infrastructure
- Steps for Application Performance Analysis and how to correlate the information from multiple sources into actionable format for decision-making
- Hands-on exercises for analysis and cost justifications for performance optimization or remediation
The course is suitable for users of HP products related to performance testing, monitoring, analysis and diagnostics.
Course level: Intermediate to Advanced
Prerequisites: Participants should have at least 1 year of experience in using HP LoadRunner and/or HP Diagnostics. Knowledge of Shunra products and solutions is not mandatory.
Target Group: Performance Engineers, Performance Testers, System Administrators, Network Administrators, System Analysts and Managers, Performance Management Specialists, Tool Specialists
***Registration for training can be completed in conjunction with your HP DISCOVER conference registration account. Simply add a course as a registration item. The cost per training course is 300€.***