Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vu gen could not invoke IE while recording

Dear Friends,

We are using VUGen 9.50 and LR 9.51. VU gen server is Windows 2003 SP2. IE 6.0 I have tried to record the script using with Web(http/html) protocol , when I clicked on Recording button, IE didn’t come up and I couldn’t able to do recording.

I have got some solution from Google search for this, and I checked the Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services Only. I have restarted the windows server and I tried to record, but still I am facing the issue.

Please help me.

Regards,
Kirshna
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Vu gen could not invoke IE while recording

Krishna,
Check if this happens on all other OS.?

What antivirus do you have running.?

Do you get any error or IE/VUGen just freezes?....Check recording options...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sivaram,

Thanks for your reply. we are using Symantic Antivirus and IE/VUGen just freezes

I have checked Recording Options also, everything is fine here.

Regards,
Krishna.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Krishna,

As u r telling that ur IE/VUGEN freezes that means ur IE invokes but it doesnot open the AUT....am I right???

If this is the case then check ur firewall...add ur machine ip add to the firewall list.....

This will solve ur problem.

Thanks,
Prasenjit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

yes IE is opeing but AUT is not opening, when I have cheked through Task Manager, IE Explorer is in running mode, but it is not in display mode. Even I have tried to record SAP GUI, same thing is happening, SAP Logon is running status in Task Manager list, but it is not in display
please let me know the steps, how can add my IP to Firewall

Thanks
Krishna
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

add you application to trusted URL in the IE security tab. Add port mapping.

Check if you are able to record something like
http://www.google.com

I hope you are manually able to browse the application on that box.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Krishna,

I came across same problem few months back
Solution was to bypass proxy
Try following steps:

1. Under Recording options ->Port Mapping
Select Capture level [ Socket level data] and then select [New Entry]
2.In the 'Server Entry' window that appears select Record Type as [Direct] instead of [Proxy]

You should be able to record then

-Preeti
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.