Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VuGen 9.1 not recording popup window actions

Hi,

I am trying to record screens for a script using vugen 9.1 (win2k/vista, IE 6.0). The actions and screens record correctly upon launch but they remain teathered to the first window I open. If I click a link which launches a popup window the actions in the new window are not recorded when they should be. Is there a way to make vugen recognize my second window?

I'm doing New Web HTTP/HTML single protocol script.

I kept all the default settings

HTML based, Browser emulation is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows).

Is there something I forgot to do?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: VuGen 9.1 not recording popup window actions

What kind of WebApp? If it uses java servlets, AJAX, or any kind of clinet side process for the pop-up the action will not get recorded. If not, when you act on the pop-up events should get recorded. If this web application does have client side processing try one of the GUI protocols, Web or AJAX.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: VuGen 9.1 not recording popup window actions

Is the second window launched in a new process? You may want to check the following KB: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM174025 to see if it allows you to record that other window. Or as Alan said, you will have to try another protocol.

./Sébastien
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.