Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VuGen 9.50 - soap_request Problem

Jump to solution
Hi All,
I have to test a soap_request having the SOAP Envelope. I follow these steps:
- I inserted the wsdl (https://y.y.y.y./bbb/tttt?WSDL) in "Manage Services"
- I imported the soap envelope xml file in "Soap Import"
- when I import this soap envelope I hev the error - No Operation Foud: Please add the appropriate service via "Service Management"- (see the attached file)
First of all, what is the Service Management?
- I imported also with the error and I created the soap_request

The soap request run gives the error:
##############################################
Action.c(6): Warning: HTTP status code 500 returned by the server
Action.c(6): Notify: Saving Parameter "response =
env:ClientUnable to parse the incoming requestjava.io.IOException: Null content type\n
"
Action.c(6): Error:
Expected SOAP result, received SOAP fault

Action.c(6): Error: SOAP request "SOAP Request" execution failed
########################################

It seems a problem of not correct envelope formatting, Have you any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Michele
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: VuGen 9.50 - soap_request Problem

Jump to solution
Michael,

I have not used the SOAP calls in latest VuGen versions, but VuGen 8.1 used to do best job for me.

1. First ensure your SOAP call target data is available in WSDL file. Usually when you do it with SOAP UI, you will pass the environment variables within the UI or as variable in the SOAP call. But when doing it with VuGen you need to have to have them within WSDL service function.
2. Ensure your target is reachable from the location where you are scripting. This is the common mistake because of firewall blockages & anti-virus port blocking.
2. After you import the WSDL check the integrity of the file by verifying.
3. Then generate the SOAP with the custom variables provided in SOAP UI.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
What is your actual requirement??Can you explain it a bit....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks Dutta,
pratically these Soap Envelope xml Request File is used to send 200 sms. Using SOAPui tool I tested that this Envelope xml File and SMS method work well. With VuGen I have the error above. It seems a syntax problem. The soap_request (without confidential part) is in the attached file.
Thanks
Michele
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Michael,

I have not used the SOAP calls in latest VuGen versions, but VuGen 8.1 used to do best job for me.

1. First ensure your SOAP call target data is available in WSDL file. Usually when you do it with SOAP UI, you will pass the environment variables within the UI or as variable in the SOAP call. But when doing it with VuGen you need to have to have them within WSDL service function.
2. Ensure your target is reachable from the location where you are scripting. This is the common mistake because of firewall blockages & anti-virus port blocking.
2. After you import the WSDL check the integrity of the file by verifying.
3. Then generate the SOAP with the custom variables provided in SOAP UI.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Raj,
the WSDL is the same that I use for "single sms sent" where I used in VuGen the web_servce_call() and It works well. Now I cannot do the same for "multiple sms sent", where I don't know in web_service_call() how(if It is possible) can import the soap envelope xml file. This soap envelope and this wsdl are corect because I can with SOAPui sent correctly all SMS(multiple sent). You say that SOAPui pass to the server some variables, How can I see these ones?Moreover, the soap_request() function has thies structure:

int soap_request (const char *StepName, ExpectedResponse, URL, , [Attachments,] LAST);

Where could I insert these variables?
Thanks
Michele
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Michele,

Once you import WSDL, you have an option to add a service call. Within the service call VuGen will load all the service functions loaded in the WSDL file. Once you select the right service, you have to update the parameters with input data. After that the custom SOAP call will be generated in VuGen script which can be further parameterized by using parameters.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Raj,
when I import the wsdl and I import the service call ("Add Service Call"), I try to import under "Input Arguments" the soap header (the header of the xml soap envelope) and I have always the error "XML specified for this argument is invalid". I used the web_service_call() for a single sms sent where I defined manually the imput parameter. Now I need to import the soap envelope because I have a request for multiple sms sent. Then I thought that the only way to do was with soap_request().
How can I import the soap envelope with the web_service_call()?
Thanks
Michele
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Michle, Still I am facing same issue in VuGen 11.50 / VuGen 1.52. If you have any solution for the same, Pls can reply to it. If any one knows the solution for the same, pls reply for the same.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.