Highlighted
New Member.

VuGen / Citrix: Session terminates when I invoke the application on citrix during recording with LR

Jump to solution
Hi,

I am using loadrunner 9.52, citrix client 11.00 and metaframe server 4.5 to record application running on citrix and McAfee antivirus running

Session is getting terminated when I tried to invoke the application running on citrix druing recording with LR.

Kindly assist me in the above issue. It is very urgent.

Regards,
Raghavendra.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: VuGen / Citrix: Session terminates when I invoke the application on citrix during recording with LR

Jump to solution
This is the Fix for that issue
==============================================
The solution to this problem is to use the documented workaround:

"Workaround: When recording, set the window size equal to the local screen resolution. When replaying/load testing, set the VuGen or Load Generator's screen resolution to equal the resolution used when the script was recorded. To verify the recorded resolution, view the Window property in the <Script Folder>\default.cfg file."

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: VuGen / Citrix: Session terminates when I invoke the application on citrix during recording with LR

Jump to solution
Hi,

In addition, when i tried to run the script recored till invoking application, the following error generated "Vuser failed to initialize extension CitrixClientImpl.dll"

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Can i get the help from HP please???
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
This error is a result of the limitation caused by the Citrix client bug which has been documented in the LoadRunner V9.52 - Readme file:

"Recording Window Size and XenApp Plugin for Hosted Applications 11. The recording window size options does not work properly with the XenApp Plugin for Hosted Applications 11. The size of the client window is installed, but the server screen resolution is not. This is a Citrix Client bug and will be fixed in future Citrix Client versions."
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
This is the Fix for that issue
==============================================
The solution to this problem is to use the documented workaround:

"Workaround: When recording, set the window size equal to the local screen resolution. When replaying/load testing, set the VuGen or Load Generator's screen resolution to equal the resolution used when the script was recorded. To verify the recorded resolution, view the Window property in the <Script Folder>\default.cfg file."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes. During recording i had selected window resolution same as local window (loadgenerator).
But still issue persisits.

One thing i wanted to inform you that i do not have access to registry entries and services.msc etc, I mean i have limited admin rigths.
Do you think, this would be cause?

Please help me on this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Can somebody help on this, pls??

Regards,
Raghavendra.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
did u resolve this issue..if not let me know what is the problem you are facing now.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue - Vuser failed to initialize extension CitrixClientImpl.dll

I'm trying to launch the Citrix App inside a Flex web app. Maybe that's why LR can't get the screen size? I tried recording in different screen sizes through the citrix settings but couldn't playback on VuGen always getting the same error.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Open the problematic Web+Citrix ICA script's default.cfg file (in the root of the Script directory) in a text editor (like notepad).

Search in the default.cfg file for a section starting with "[Citrix]" simlar to this:

[Citrix]
Latency=Use Server Default
Compression=1
Cache=0
Queue=0
Sound=Use Server Default
BitmapSyncLevel=Exact

NOTE: Notice above that the Citrix section is all lower case. The above section is incorrect. Replace the entire citrix section with the following:

[CITRIX]
DesktopColors=16
Colors=High Color (16 bit)
Enctyption=Use Server Default
Window=800 x 600

NOTE: Ensure there is not both a "[CITRIX]" and "[Citrix]" section! The only section that should be present is the above "[CITRIX]" section!

Save the script. This should enable the script to replay without the error.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Thank You very much for your response.

It is working fine after
a) I disabled McAfee antivirus
b) Got the full admin rights.

LR Version: 9.52
Citrix Client: 11.00.0352
Metaframe server: 4.5

Regards,
Raghavendra.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.