VuGen version - 9.1
Updated to -- 9.50
I am getting the below error while running the scripts in Web(Http/Html). Those scripts worked fine before. I am sure it is not because of update, as the error came even before updating the VuGen.
Warning: Extension LrXml.dll reports error -1 on call to function ExtPerThreadInitialize
Error: Vuser failed to initialize extension LrXml.dll.
Please verify if LrXml.dll file is present in the /bin directory.
Try to run the dll manually.
Go to start->run and type cmd.
Execute the following instructions in the order shown below:
Regsrv32 "C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\LoadRunner\bin\LrXml.dll
Please disable the anti-virus if any running in the background.
I do not have admin rights. But, even for admins also, the same error is coming.
I searched C drive for list of lrxml.dll
I got 3 paths.
C:\TEMP\HP Virtual User Generator\bin
The one you told me to run on cmd does not exist for me.
I got the following message, when I run the command Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\HP\Virtual User Generator\bin\lrxml.dll"
"C:\Program Files\HP\Virtual User Generator\bin\lrxml.dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
The file can not be registered."
Run the register_vugen.bat file to reregister dlls.
Repeat the above step for: register_controller.bat, miregsvr.bat and set_mon.bat.
You can locate these batch files from below path:
Or better, repair your VuGen component by re-running the setup and choosing repair option.
Let me know, how it goes now?
Does this mean I need to reinstall VuGen again? I was not able to findout the batch files you mentioned in the above mail.
I would recommend you to repair or re-install the VuGen again....looks like some conflict when you upgraded from v9.1 to v9.5...
May be some dll conflict with the versions...
If the issue still persists, you can log a call with HP support team....someone can resolve this issue for you.
HP has the steps to resolve this issue in KM888405:
1. Navigate to the following location: <LR>\\dat\\protocols
a. If it is web protocol, go to QTweb.lrp
b. if it is citrix protocol , go to citrix.lrp or citrix_ica.lrp
2. Go to LRP file based on the script being used,
3. Open the relevant file in a Notepad
4. Look for: ResultsDirUI=1
5. Comment it out by adding a semicolon. For example: ;ResultsDirUI=1
6. Save the changes to the file